• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card PSU combo???

Associate
I'm gonna order a new GPU (only had the 7600gt for a month :eek: ) probably a 7950GT or a 7900GTO but I only have an 370w PSU so I reckon I need a new one of those too!

So.....do I really need a new PSU?

If so....

Do I go for a 520w OCZ that's now on offer or do I spend some more and get a 620w beast namely the Enermax Galaxy 620w??

I would like to have to possibility to go SLI (hence the hesitation on just getting the 7900GTO). Would SLI be possible with a 520W unit?

Any advice appreciated!

Soldato
My 7900GS is running fine on a 350w 12v:17A Seasonic so you might be able to get away with the 7950GT on your current PSU as there's not much difference in wattage between the two cards.

Soldato
geordiepaul said:
I'm gonna order a new GPU (only had the 7600gt for a month :eek: ) probably a 7950GT or a 7900GTO but I only have an 370w PSU so I reckon I need a new one of those too!

So.....do I really need a new PSU?

If so....

Do I go for a 520w OCZ that's now on offer or do I spend some more and get a 620w beast namely the Enermax Galaxy 620w??

I would like to have to possibility to go SLI (hence the hesitation on just getting the 7900GTO). Would SLI be possible with a 520W unit?

Any advice appreciated!
Unless you are getting both cards at the same time, you may want to go for the 7950GT instead of the 7900GTO for your SLI needs, as the GTO is a limited run & may not be easy to find later on, whereas everyone is making the 7950GT.

Back
Top Bottom