• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card question.

Associate
I am from the US. I plan to order a sapphire 7800gs, but i wonder if it would have any trouble running over here or is it only compatible with Europe hardware?

thanks in advance! :)

Associate
OP
Big.Wayne said:
I don't think sapphire make graphics cards using any nVidia GPU's? :confused:

Welcome btw! :D :cool:

haha. sorry that was def. a dead brain cell, but thanks a lot for the confirm!

while i'm here if i could get anyones opinion one which graphics card. i will be gaming on a daily basis.

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-137-SP

or

Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS "Goes Like Hell" 512MB GDDR3
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-045-GW

thanks a lot!

Soldato
Soldato
Hi axsb,

I'm no expert on current GPU's but I have spent many hours this week reading reviews of all the latest graphics cards. The one thing I was keen on was that the card be as quiet as possible and still provide some good graphics while gaming.

At first I was gonna get an nVidia 7600GS-Passive, good price but not enough 'grunt' for my tastes so then I looked a little higher up the list and saw the 7600GT-Passive, seems to be a fair bit better and I was 99% sure that was the card for me, but now I was in the £100 ish price bracket so I dug a little deeper into the reviews and one card kept leaping out at me, the 256MB Radeon X1950 Pro, although the nVidia 7900GS was a close challenger.

LOOking a little bit higher £150-£160 you start to come into the X1900XT and X1950XT (256MB) area or possibly a 512MB version of the X1950Pro.

Benchmark wise both the X1900XT & X1950XT have the edge over a single X1950Pro.

I went for the Powercolour X1950Pro (in fact I bought two!) but one is earmarked for a seperate build I am doing, but will have the chance to play around with crossfire over xmas! :cool:

Associate
OP
Big.Wayne said:
Hi axsb,

I'm no expert on current GPU's but I have spent many hours this week reading reviews of all the latest graphics cards. The one thing I was keen on was that the card be as quiet as possible and still provide some good graphics while gaming.

At first I was gonna get an nVidia 7600GS-Passive, good price but not enough 'grunt' for my tastes so then I looked a little higher up the list and saw the 7600GT-Passive, seems to be a fair bit better and I was 99% sure that was the card for me, but now I was in the £100 ish price bracket so I dug a little deeper into the reviews and one card kept leaping out at me, the 256MB Radeon X1950 Pro, although the nVidia 7900GS was a close challenger.

LOOking a little bit higher £150-£160 you start to come into the X1900XT and X1950XT (256MB) area or possibly a 512MB version of the X1950Pro.

Benchmark wise both the X1900XT & X1950XT have the edge over a single X1950Pro.

I went for the Powercolour X1950Pro (in fact I bought two!) but one is earmarked for a seperate build I am doing, but will have the chance to play around with crossfire over xmas! :cool:

thanks a lot for your opinion! so the difference in the active pipelines wouldn't matter? i notice that the ati x1950 only comes with 8 pipelines while the 7800gs comes with 20.

Soldato
Hi again,

hey axsb, have a read of the forum rules here, your not allowed to have big sigs :)

There are plenty of rules enforced on this forum which if you don't adhere to will get u banned . . . hehe :D

[edit] btw well done thats one of the biggest sigs I ever seen lol (well there were one or two on Xtreme forums lol! ;) )

Soldato
axsb said:
haha. sorry that was def. a dead brain cell, but thanks a lot for the confirm!

while i'm here if i could get anyones opinion one which graphics card. i will be gaming on a daily basis.

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-137-SP

or

Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS "Goes Like Hell" 512MB GDDR3
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-045-GW

thanks a lot!

The X1950Pro is the best AGP card you can get, so go for that rather than the 7800GS.

Back
Top Bottom