• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card recommendation £200

Associate
My HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3072MB GDDR5 from 2013 has packed it in.

Looking to get a new graphics card that is at least the same specs / just as good at a minimum but I'm unsure what.

Anyone able to recommend one in the £200 range? I understand there's issues with GPUs so they are overpriced but I'm a bit out of touch with it so if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Associate
With that budget, I'd be checking out second hand cards. The only real new thing around the budget you've given is an AMD 6500XT and I just can't recommend that, it's a crap card. Some will say it's acceptable on a PCI-E 4.0 system, but it also lacks a lot of hardware features some of those second hand cards I pointed you towards have.

For less money..

Associate
OP
With that budget, I'd be checking out second hand cards. The only real new thing around the budget you've given is an AMD 6500XT and I just can't recommend that, it's a crap card. Some will say it's acceptable on a PCI-E 4.0 system, but it also lacks a lot of hardware features some of those second hand cards I pointed you towards have.

For less money..

Whats the price range for anything at least decent/above average? £300 ? If so what ones would you recommend? Thanks

Associate
Whats the price range for anything at least decent/above average? £300 ? If so what ones would you recommend? Thanks

Even at 300 quid, my answer would be the same. Better value in the second hand market. New, you're looking at the crap card above or if you can push another 30-40 quid. something like this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-080-in.html

It's terrible value for money though and old tech, but obviously would have warranty. In your position, I'd be trying to score a second hand bargain for around 150 quid. Quite a few AMD 580 cards to be had around that price, infinitely better value and hardware features than the 6500XT (what wouldn't be). A 1660 Super for over 300 quid is just something I can't recommend unless it dips in price somewhat.

Associate
OP
Even at 300 quid, my answer would be the same. Better value in the second hand market. New, you're looking at the crap card above or if you can push another 30-40 quid. something like this:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-080-in.html

It's terrible value for money though and old tech, but obviously would have warranty. In your position, I'd be trying to score a second hand bargain for around 150 quid. Quite a few AMD 580 cards to be had around that price, infinitely better value and hardware features than the 6500XT (what wouldn't be). A 1660 Super for over 300 quid is just something I can't recommend unless it dips in price somewhat.

So any AMD 580 card I'm assuming? Prices seem abit mental at the moment with the chip shortages.

Thanks for your help!

Associate
So any AMD 580 card I'm assuming? Prices seem abit mental at the moment with the chip shortages.

Thanks for your help!

Any with a decent enough cooler and which hopefully haven't been used for mining. But you only have the seller's word on that, it's a really bad time to be buying graphics cards albeit it has improved a little in the last month or two.

Soldato
My HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3072MB GDDR5 from 2013 has packed it in.

Looking to get a new graphics card that is at least the same specs / just as good at a minimum but I'm unsure what.

Anyone able to recommend one in the £200 range? I understand there's issues with GPUs so they are overpriced but I'm a bit out of touch with it so if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

rest of the pc spec, psu, target resolution, games played?

Associate
There is a GTX 1650 in the MM with warranty which should be roughly equivalent to your card and is price below your budget.

Caporegime
Soldato
For £200 i WOULD recommend the 6500XT. I couldve gone 2nd hand but realistically id be looking at a used 1060 maybe a 1070 but no warranty.

I got one after selling up my RTX3060Ti. I wasnt expecting miracles but i was pleasantly suprised. The few games i do play i play @ 1440p.

Fortnite - High Preset gets approx 55 - 60FPS

Other stuff ive only tried quickly include Warzone, BF5 and they were all fine - perfectly playable.

Bearning in mind im only on a B450 mobo im limited to PCIE3.0, so a newer board would be even better.

The card gets a lot of bad rep, but i dont think its fully deserved to be honest.

Associate
Ive been looking for a new GPU card this year for my Intel i7 6700K OC rig, only have a GTX1050TI at the moment.
Want to spend around £350 to £500 but not paying the ripoff retail prices for older tech cards it's a joke, I'm looking for a RTX2060 or even a RTX3060TI gaming at 1080P or 1440P.
Waiting till prices get close to retail don't care how long it takes, secondhand prices are even bigger ripoff buy new from Overclockers sometime this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive been looking for a new GPU card this year for my Intel i7 6700K OC rig, only have a GTX1050TI at the moment.
Want to spend around £350 to £500 but not paying the ripoff retail prices for older tech cards it's a joke, I'm looking for a RTX2060 or even a RTX3060TI gaming at 1080P or 1440P.
Waiting till prices get close to retail don't care how long it takes, secondhand prices are even bigger ripoff buy new from Overclockers sometime this year.

RX6600 is the best choice at that price or a 6600xt qhen they pop up near msrp

Associate
RX6600 is the best choice at that price or a 6600xt qhen they pop up near msrp

Always bought Nvidia GPU cards in the past, will check it out though RX6600 and 6600XT.
Ive been comparing the £450 6600XT to £589 3060Ti to see what £139 more gets me in performance on youtube, would be happier if the 6600XT was at £399 but it's still a good card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom