Graphics card won't fit in case

Associate
Bought a 'for parts' SAPPHIRE RADEON TRI-X R9 390 8GB GPU from a certain bidding website, on the off chance that it might work.
Got it today... it is so big it doesn't fit in my case. Drive bay gets in the way. :rolleyes:
So what do I do? I don't really want to buy a new case just to see if this card works.
unDMBkt.jpg

Associate
OP
Well the seller had a 'job lot' of 12 cards and didn't seem to have tested them so... I didn't pay a lot and if it doesn't work I'll re-list it in the same way I guess.
Perhaps I'll have to quickly take the MB out of the case so I can have it running out of the box?

Associate
OP
I'm surprised you think it won't work. What could possibly have broken about it? Nothing really breaks these days.
I might be brave enough to take the MB out but from what i remember there is a screw underneath the giant CPU heatsink so might never bother. :/
Yes the advert said "oh I've got some cards, i turn 'it' on and the fan spins but nothing else"... but it said the exact same on all 12 so I thought he probably hasn't actually done anything.

Associate
OP
Maybe it will be easier to buy a cheap PC, like if someone is selling an old(ish) PC, and test it with that. I don't particularly want to take all my stuff out of the case. It just needs PCIE and ATX power right?

Associate
OP
Seller clearly stated in the listing that it doesn't produce a picture on the screen and with no warranty to speak of, I feel like you're SOL.
Slightly creepy that you found the listing, but good detective work. I like to think that the seller didn't know what he's doing. He didn't write "i'm a computer expert and I can't get it to work", so maybe he just did something wrong

Associate
OP
Hello,
The riser arrived.
I plugged the riser in with my existing card to test the setup - worked ok.
Plugged the 390x in - my goodness it needed a lot of power connections! - and...
Nothing happened. No fans, no output. Just dead, lol.

So time to pursue the RMA case.

Back
Top Bottom