• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card?

Associate
Been buying various parts for a build for my son and have 1 thing missing. Yes a GPU!
Is there a way to get on a waiting list for any cards coming in and which card would you go for.
System is
AMD Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
Crucial MX500 1tb
Samsung Nvme 980 pro 500gb
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2x8gb 3600 RGB
Corsair RM650i PSU
Fractal Meshify 2 compact
Corsair SP120 RGB fans x3
Managed to pick up a Viewsonic XG270 2nd hand so looking at 1080p in very good fps at the moment and not 100% sure what he plays some mine craft but mainly COD style games and Valhalla or something like that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Budget was around £400 but I know that seems optimistic.

Associate
OP
The only realistic way to get a GPU is to set up discord alerts or to go for a prebuilt system which they seem to have stock for most the time but the second is probably not an option since you have most the parts already.
I have seem a few pre-built come up but like you said we purchased all the parts over the last month or so. Plus wanted to build it with him as he’s at that age (14) he needs to start learning things they don’t teach at school.
Have followed discord but seems a nightmare being quick enough.
Missed out on a 2060 by seconds and even that was £480.

Associate
OP
Think I have a gtx970 coming from work colleague that will do till/if prices drop. It was a cheap option and much better than paying over the odds.
Will still keep my eye out for a 3060 or something.

Back
Top Bottom