Graphics software

Associate
I use both macs and pcs and need some graphics software I can use seamlessly on both, any good suggestions? Doesn't necessarily need to be free, but affordable, and quite easy to use preferably.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for replying kitkat.

Not very complex at all, pretty much just combining imagery and text, mainly for print. The company we use require the files in a certain format (cmyk, bleed etc) which I can't do with most free apps I guess...? The company is print24.

Gimp apparently is decent, and free, but are the files compatible across platforms? For example if I start working on a mac and mover over to Windows?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
If you're doing print then Adobe InDesign is very nice - I'm not a graphics designer but found it pretty simple to use (YouTube is full of guides) and it'll do exactly what you need (bleed etc).

Via Adobe CC it's £14/month which is pretty good. The whole Adobe Suite is only £38/month :).

Soldato
Thanks for replying kitkat.

Not very complex at all, pretty much just combining imagery and text, mainly for print. The company we use require the files in a certain format (cmyk, bleed etc) which I can't do with most free apps I guess...? The company is print24.

Gimp apparently is decent, and free, but are the files compatible across platforms? For example if I start working on a mac and mover over to Windows?

GIMP sounds perfect for what you need - and it's free. The files are completely compatible across platforms.

No point paying for Adobe CC unless you need it - but then again you can get a month or so free trial of it.

Associate
OP
Thanks and sorry for the late reply, I've started playing around with Gimp now and actually its ok now that I've gotten used to it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom