Graphics Tablets

Soldato
Okay, I was looking to get myself a wacom tablet. Then I looked at the Graphics tablets section on this site and my jaw hit the floor. There's no way I can afford those sorts of prices. I was hoping for something around the £100 mark.

All I want to do is open either Photoshop or Illustrator and draw directly onto the screen using my tablet. Smooth input would be nice, But I dont need any features past that.

Can anyone recommend me a graphics tablet? Something not £1000 :o

Thats perfect, Looking at a certain 2nd hand store and they have plenty in too at less than £40

There are a few models, I dont suppose you're up to speed on which is the newest one?

I suppose I could stop being lazy and google it :p

There's a CTL 470 model at £38 - A Grade with a pen. I may try and grab that tomorrow. I think that looks to be the latest model.

They have a CTL 460 A6 which is priced at £45 also A grade, but I cant see how that would be newer than a 470 lol

I bought a bamboo pen and touch small from the members market on here. Haven't used it that much but I found it damn tricky. It is really strange drawing on the tablet but looking at the screen for the output.

You do get used to that though in time ofc. One thing I would say, is if you can get one that has a pen with replaceable nibs then definitely go for that. Over time it will wear down and you don't wanna have to buy a whole new one. I think even the bamboo series come with this as an option now.

Can definitely add my +1 to the Wacom side of things. I started off with a bamboo tablet and then moved to an Intuos a while after. Totally worth it.

One thing I would say is make sure when you look at those models you've mentioned above, I noticed that Wacom have started making the drawing area completely flush with the outer edge of the tablet, giving the illusion that it is bigger than it looks.

If you are going to buy the small one, make sure you realise that the drawing area is cut off where the cross hair-esque symbols are. I think they did this so that the basic body of the small and medium size tablets can be the same to reduce costs.

Figured I'd mention it before you bought the small one expecting something more, or that it was faulty when you opened it. Still a great tablet to start with though :)

Back
Top Bottom