Greece - 6 day working week

Caporegime
OP
I'd take the pay cut to work 4 days if I could.
Or even 4 long days. Just waste the evening anyway most of the time

Caporegime
OP
Easy solution, find a tradwife.

Yeah this would be a solution to be fair. She'd have to work too though!

nnhbkLn.gif

Caporegime
OP
If your loaded like yourself and can take a pay cut then that's great, but many wagie slaves simply can't afford to do that.

Definitely not loaded!.. According to the forum!
I know that's relative. But yes it's a huge benefit to get back time. That's the entire point of pay rises imo.

Most people think like that in terms of retiring earlier. But for me time now is better.

If I was given the choice. I'd probably take the 4 days and 35 hours.
Rather than 4 days and 30 hours.

But if take either vs 5 days

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I’d love to do my 37.5 in 4 instead of 5 days.

I do a lot of problem solving as part of my job (software developer) and would prefer the longer days to work on things then an extra full day to rest the old noggin.

Similar role.
I'd probably be more motivated too if this happened. An extra day is an insane amount of time to gain over a year.
Working 2 hours extra a day over the 4 days would be no issue when I WFH anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Yup

Brother in Law's work basically went to 4 day weeks last year, not through choice and the staff still work the same hours but because they run plastic forming equipment and someone in management finally realised that having 4 shifts covering 7 days and having something like a third of the machines sat idle but hot (they take a long time to warm up and have to be cleaned properly before they get cold) was costing them a fortune.
So they consolidated the 4 shifts into 2 and now run the machines for 4 days with much less downtime.

Apparently when the cost of energy started to go down some management started muttering about going back to the old pattern (slightly more resilience if a machine goes down) and was basically told to get lost as they could get jobs that paid nearly as well but with far better working conditions on 5 days a week.

It turns out the guys working there like having the extra day to take things easy so they go into the weekend actually able to enjoy it rather than exhausted, especially as they change shift every two weeks or so (swapping through 12 hours).
I need a career change!

Caporegime
OP
A friends consultancy business took part in a large trial in London to go down to 4 days a week. The staff were much happier and just as or even more productive so they've kept it going.
Apparently most of the companies that tried it have carried on with it.

Maybe should actually have a look and see if any of these jobs are available.

Back
Top Bottom