• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Green lines...Experiences?

Soldato
Friends computer has horizontal green lines (Broken lines...Dotted) across the screen during bootup and during windows. Graphics drivers refuse to update and bluescreens during anything GPU demanding.

I figured its the Graphics card memory gone, but ive not actually looked at the computer myself yet. Im thinking it could possibly be the VGA cable, but that doesnt explain the driver issue.

Any experiences/advice before i pick out a new graphics card? :p

Soldato
OP
Her system lol, well i would test another graphics card in there but all i have is my 280's...and there's no chance it will be able to be powered.

The card in question is a 8800GTS 320MB (She only plays Counterstrike really) since she's not in the same city as me im trying to work it out before i see her next.

I got a screenshot from her thinking it might just be overly dusty but the temps are below 50c idle. She's told me today that it no longer shows a picture, but she can hear the windows sound.

Making me think it might not be the graphics card and more likely the lead. Had to replace my DVI cable last week after suffering from the same problems (The cable sticks too far out the back of my PC and rubs against the wall)

Soldato
OP
Well out of warranty by now i expect, i think she got it from ebay anyway.

I will see if i can get a screenshot (If she can get into windows) but im going to see her in a couple of days anyway so hopefully i can figure it out there and then.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom