Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 15th May 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I understand Wolves have started a legal process to just get rid of VAR.

Too many fingers £££ in that pie now so don't see it happening (jobs for the boys etc).

I'm United right (not Newcastle) but how VAR did not see that ankle scrape for the pen I honestly don't know.

I don't think it's crooked, just incompetence so it needs to be gone (not going to happen sadly imo).

It is not crooked it is the laws that are grey. Var will not intervene with an on field decision unless it is a clear and obvious error.

I think people don't realise just how bad football will be again without VAR. Just go watch 2009 Champions League semi final Barcelona vs Chelsea.

Soldato
It is not crooked it is the laws that are grey. Var will not intervene with an on field decision unless it is a clear and obvious error.

I think people don't realise just how bad football will be again without VAR. Just go watch 2009 Champions League semi final Barcelona vs Chelsea.
So the recent cup games where there was no VAR were better because of it?

I fail to understand your point (if you have one).

Caporegime
A lot more decisions are now corrected due to VAR that would have been wrong but the problem is how infuriating it is they can get straight forward calls still wrong with time to review.

For example just this season for Liverpool that I can recall went against us and are objectively wrong calls (I ain't gonna remember the ones for us lol)
Doku booting MacAllister in the chest
Odegaard reaching down to handle the ball
Non-offside goal being given offside vs Spurs (Jones red card tackle given due to them pausing at a stupid moment, we've seen much worse not given this year and also Jota sent off due to being booked initially on a dive)

Integrity of the game is already ****** when you have city in it so just try enjoy the fun games when they happen.
Automated checks are needed for offside as the current state of not celebrating goals is genuinely garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom