Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 19th August 2024]

Man of Honour
Premier League:
FoqXE5w.png

Info:

It’s back baby!

Been so long since we’ve had real football!

Chelsea v City the pick of the ties this week. Looking forward to see how the news boy Ipswich get on, cracking game for them for their opening game as well.

Utd have to beat Fulham in this opening week.

Ten Hag setting expectations early by saying we aren't ready.
Starting the season with no left back like we had all last season is if we are being very generous, careless. It basically means that if he plays Rashford we have 10 men. Licha doesn't want to play left back again so I think we will see Dalot there. Bruno false nine with Mount behind, Nacho on the right.
I'm optimistic about the season but won't be surprised to see us drop points tomorrow.

Even though we had the Euro's it feels so long since the PL was one. Another season, it's the hope that kills you.

COYG

Ten Hag setting expectations early by saying we aren't ready.
Starting the season with no left back like we had all last season is if we are being very generous, careless. It basically means that if he plays Rashford we have 10 men. Licha doesn't want to play left back again so I think we will see Dalot there. Bruno false nine with Mount behind, Nacho on the right.
I'm optimistic about the season but won't be surprised to see us drop points tomorrow.

Can't the new guy play on the left?

Can't the new guy play on the left?

He can. Dalot is fine there too and Martinez can cover. Shaw will be back fairly soon as well.

No excuses now, big improvement needed or it's bye bye ETH. He knows the league well enough now, knows his players, and we've bought yet more players he would have specifically asked for.

I am expecting better things this season, our squad is pretty well balanced especially if we can add in another CDM like Ugarte.

I am expecting better things this season, our squad is pretty well balanced especially if we can add in another CDM like Ugarte.

Yeah, the only thing that might cause us big issues is the lack of a mobile DM. I think Casemiro will have a much better time with a good defence behind him but he has fundamentally lost something since his first season and we need to replace him. You can see how much City suffer without Rodri and they have a stacked team that is super settled. Its hard to function without a strong base to your midfield.

Excited and nervous about tonight, we have to get some midfield in, especially a DMC....any chance of top 4 is dependent on it.

Fuming already at the injurys, no Zirkzee tonight either.

Yeah, the only thing that might cause us big issues is the lack of a mobile DM. I think Casemiro will have a much better time with a good defence behind him but he has fundamentally lost something since his first season and we need to replace him. You can see how much City suffer without Rodri and they have a stacked team that is super settled. Its hard to function without a strong base to your midfield.
He did lose his defence for the season basically, but you’re right, he had lost a little something and seemed overweight too. Preseason he was a bit better apparently (what I’ve read, at least) and doesn’t seem like he’s had one too many pies. So if it’s better than the second season, and making strides towards the first seasons performance, there may be a little hope until we get a proper replacement in due course.

Back
Top Bottom