Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Microsoft!!!!!

Soldato
So I've recently upgraded my mobo, cpu etc. I took the pre hardware changes steps to make sure I didn't have any problems and now I'm stuck with deactivated windows 10.

I've done the trouble shooting, won't reactivate. Allowed Microsoft to take control of my PC, won't reactivate - try again in 24hrs won't reactivate. Phone microsoft speak to several customer service agents who try to put me through to a department that's closed even the voice recording says it should be open GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm at my wits end with them now! I'm not buying another blasted key!

Man of Honour
What is the origin of this key?

As I posted in a couple of threads recently MS have started blacklisting blocks of "grey" keys lately that previously activated OK including OEM keys that have been activated a lot and so on.

Soldato
Pretty sure when you update a retail windows to Ten, you get an OEM license for Ten. This means that key died with your old mobo.

Yep, I found this out last week when I moved my key from the base unit to my new laptop. But mine was an Win 8 key to Win 10. Win 8 key was purchased on cheap directly from MS when they was doing the Win 7 to Win 8 discount.

Soldato
OP
7 calls later and it's finally sorted! I had to provide proof of purchase and speak to 4 different people but eventually they just gave me a new key.

Back
Top Bottom