GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
They also replaced the clutch. I had agreed it beforehand. The existing one was average they said so didn't need to I suppose. Cost 191 incl. Vat. No labour cost. Not a bad deal as I should be keeping the car till its 70k+.

Soldato
Good luck :p

Good price on the service too

Thanks mate. Yeah I thought it was decent. The girl who is doing all the booking is really good. So if there's any problems I'm sure she will help me out. And quite a few of the salesmen there have GT86s, so hopefully that means they would have made sure their's were done to a high standard, so mine should too.

I'll be making Alan Partridge Lexi jokes to myself all next week!

Associate
OP
Thanks mate. Yeah I thought it was decent. The girl who is doing all the booking is really good. So if there's any problems I'm sure she will help me out. And quite a few of the salesmen there have GT86s, so hopefully that means they would have made sure their's were done to a high standard, so mine should too.

I'll be making Alan Partridge Lexi jokes to myself all next week!

In that case I'd imagine it'll be all good then :) Goes a long way when you get on with the staff!

Soldato
Can't believe I've had mine 6 years now. Given it a good wash and started taking notes of bits I plan to work on over the next year. New plates and surrounds ordered (going to make the brick at the front even bigger!). Replacement exhaust back box collected to replace cracked unit. Finally going to put the Cosworth stickers I've had for the last few years on the car.

Other parts ready going forwards: replacement branded coolant hoses (for show only really), mudflaps (sitting under my desk for 18 months), reversing camera (bought 4 years ago still not fitted).

Smaller things to do: Custom heated seat surround, figure out how to repair leather on seat (damaged by driving instructor but couldn't point finger at them at event). Inspect current middle cat to see if it needs replacing.

Will probably do most of this after the recall next week if it doesn't go pop.

Soldato
Could someone do me a favour please, and take + post a photo of the supposedly tiny speaker in the rear boot, under the lid, that beeps when you reverse? I can't see it. I posted the following query on GT86 forums and someone suggested I check the speaker, but I can't see it and no one has posted a photo of it yet since I asked.

I noticed yesterday (for sure) that upon reversing, my car was no longer beeping. I can't hear the initial beep when engaging reverse gear either.

Reversing lights are on ok below the boot when engaging reverse.

The issue may have been happening last week too, but I could have been oblivious too it - I remember thinking a couple of times that I couldn't hear them (over the radio) and ended up very close to walls/bollards/cars behind me.

I did have my recall done the week before, so not sure if related. When I picked the car up, the clock had been reset, so wondering if the issue is related to electrics.

I've looked into the owner's manual, but there is no section on the reversing sensor, in particular nothing regarding its fuses, or diagnosis or troubleshooting.

Any advice or suggestions about what I could try, in case there are simple checks, before I ring up my dealership?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. If it matters, car is 2012 manual.

Soldato
The thing that beeps is a physical black box on the left hand side glued to the skin of the car behind the carpeted wall which all your cables and the power connects to, turns out if you soundproof the boot including that void it makes the parking sensors useless as you can't hear them.

Could be the glue has come loose, the box has dropped and a cable has come loose.

Soldato
Mine has no beep. I thought it was only the newer models that did.

Do you have parking sensors on your rear number?

Cheers Steeps; will investigate when I'm home. I hadn't been looking behind the carpet. On a side note, can't believe how many loose cables and boxes just hang below the boot lid. I'll have to stick them to the sofft better, or a bag or suitcase could easily catch one.

Soldato
Do you have parking sensors on your rear number?

Cheers Steeps; will investigate when I'm home. I hadn't been looking behind the carpet. On a side note, can't believe how many loose cables and boxes just hang below the boot lid. I'll have to stick them to the sofft better, or a bag or suitcase could easily catch one.

Thinking about it now, when I asked about a reverse camera, they said it wasn't available but they could fit parking sensors. So it must have been an optional extra.

I'll check when I pick it up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom