• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

OcUK Staff
Looks like a lot of people upgraded and who can blame them?

I can see a common scenario ...

1. I want an AIB 480, where the heck are they?
2. Screw it I will get a 1060, it's in stock.
3. Hang on a minute, I can pay a bit more and get a 1070 and it's in stock!
4. Screw it, I am getting a 1070!

Option 4. is the best option if you can stretch for sure. :)

Otherwise at £200-£250 the 1060 and RX 480 offers great performance and features.

There really has never being so much choice, lets not forget the 970s at £199 too and 980Ti's at £349 :)

Associate
1060 is an awesome card at £250 and less, we have several at this price point and they give the RX-480 a real good fight, toss a coin because at £250 both are great buys.

But at £300 for me personally an overclocked 1060 loses its appeal, yes I sell these things but I could not recommend a 1060 at £300, it is too much and the regular £250 and less ones overclock just fine too. So at £300 I'd either spend the extra to get the much faster 1070 (shall be £369 deal tomorrow on weekly offer ;) ) or I would just buy the Fury at £300.

whatever it's worth you have my respect! this is what I'm talking about no BS trying to sell the more expensive cards to make more money but instead looking out for his customers instead *hats off* good offer on the 1070 as well!! but yea I agree that Asus turbo for under £240 isn't a bad buy get it overclocked and it's not a whole lot slower than a 980 Ti in some instances :o

Associate
whatever it's worth you have my respect! this is what I'm talking about no BS trying to sell the more expensive cards to make more money but instead looking out for his customers instead *hats off* good offer on the 1070 as well!! but yea I agree that Asus turbo for under £240 isn't a bad buy get it overclocked and it's not a whole lot slower than a 980 Ti in some instances :o

agreed, thumbs up from me as well. I can't remember any place that sold me stuff and then helped me overclock it!

Mei

Mei

Soldato
The EVGA is also great, I can't exactly list all the brands, but as small cards go Zotac comes with 5yr warranty vs EVGA's 3yr.

The Asus Turbo uses a blower design which are very popular due to exhausting heat, hence my recommendations.

I sell them all, pick the one you like most. :)

u hurt my fangirl feelings, u better list them next time!!

Associate
OP
praying all day that Nvidia would see sense and price the 1060 accordingly. However that's all been dashed by their dominant position. AMD had a great opportunity but they blew it big time.

Caporegime
praying all day that Nvidia would see sense and price the 1060 accordingly. However that's all been dashed by their dominant position. AMD had a great opportunity but they blew it big time.

£240?? Seems pretty reasonable to me! 60-65% of the performance of a 1080 for less than half the money!!!! A steal :cool:

Soldato
Well of course you don't, as you will only see bad when it comes to Nvidia and fantastico with AMD. No point explaining to you sadly.

IF there is anything untrue or wrong in what I posted, point it out?

Did Nvidia not claim that they were 4 years working with Microsoft in Dx12? Yes or no?

Did they not promise that Maxwell would be the best architecture for Dx12?
Yes or no?

Is Pascal really just Maxwell 2? Yes or no?

Is it over two years since Dx12 was announced? Yes or No?

I think you will find that the answer to all those questions is yes.

Now please tell me how Nvidia haven't Dx12 drivers ready yet? Or are you going to tell me that it's because Pascal is new? Even though you, in several threads have claimed that Nvidia don't get performance increases like AMD do because Nvidia have full performance ready from the start, unlike AMD who take months to get their drivers up to speed on a new process and that's why they seem to improve over time. Is that not true anymore??

And you calling me Fanboy? LOL coming from you of all people. Kinda sad really.

Caporegime
IF there is anything untrue or wrong in what I posted, point it out?

Did Nvidia not claim that they were 4 years working with Microsoft in Dx12? Yes or no?

Did they not promise that Maxwell would be the best architecture for Dx12?
Yes or no?

Is Pascal really just Maxwell 2? Yes or no?

Is it over two years since Dx12 was announced? Yes or No?

I think you will find that the answer to all those questions is yes.

Now please tell me how Nvidia haven't Dx12 drivers ready yet? Or are you going to tell me that it's because Pascal is new? Even though you, in several threads have claimed that Nvidia don't get performance increases like AMD do because Nvidia have full performance ready from the start, unlike AMD who take months to get their drivers up to speed on a new process and that's why they seem to improve over time. Is that not true anymore??

And you calling me Fanboy? LOL coming from you of all people. Kinda sad really.

Ok, I will ask you one simple question (which will answer all those questions you have just asked).....

Does Maxwell work in DX12 games?

Back
Top Bottom