• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1070 Upgrade?

Associate
Hi all,

Some advice on this - I'm currently using a GTX 1070 on a 4k monitor @ 3840x2160 and it definitely feels like it's beginning to struggle.

I'm looking to upgrade but unsure what to. I have my eye on a Gigabyte 2080 SUPER. But contemplating whether or not this is a big enough upgrade to justify the cost?

Any advice appreciated.

Associate
OP
I guess waiting makes sense but as some of you have said, there's going to be huge shortages and it may be a struggle to get hold of a new 3000 series card.

Would it make sense to buy a 2080 super now and sell it on early next year when it's easier to get hold of a 3000 series card?

Associate
OP
Even if they dropped £100 it's worth waiting unless the card someone currently has is ruining their gaming experience, if it's just "beginning to struggle" like in the OP's case then I'd agree with Stu999 and would just wait; if you've waited 4 years then what's another 3.5 months to wait for another card you'll likely keep for another 3-4 years.

Doesn't seem like it will be 3-4 months though. If they aren't released until August/September and will be hardly available?

I guess it's a cycle.. there's always something better that you'll wait for.

My second question is whether or not a 2070S will cause my CPU to be a bottleneck?

Back
Top Bottom