• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx 1080 at 4k 60 / 1440p 144hz; stick or twist?

Soldato
Main headlines:

4790k @ 4ghz
EVGA 1080gtx
I do sim racing (rF2, DR 2.0) on a 1440p 144hz freesync monitor.
Main PC gaming (Forza Horizon 4, Borderlands) on 4k 60hz freesync monitor
I love turn up all the bells and whistles

Main game I am excited about is Borderlands 3. Do I stick with what I got for now and wait til September to see if amd throw something powerful into the mix? Or just go all out on a 2080ti now and be done with it, ignoring freesync (gsync copatibbility doesn't work on either) or will nvidia do something come September?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for feedback so far!

So I already have both monitors mentioned and use them for different things. I am tempted by an ultrawide for racing (got a sim rig) but I probably can't do that and a new graphics card this year. With Forza Horizon 4 at 4k I have to play around with the settings a little, same with DR 2.0 on the 1440p monitor. I see Computex is end of next month, which I suppose is worth waiting for to see if something big comes out around September time.

Back
Top Bottom