• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1080ti stuck at 70W. Bad performance.

Associate
Anyone come across this before?

I have 3 x MSI GTX 1080TI Seakhawk that seem to do exactly the same thing.

According to afterburner, they're stuck at 70W. Obviously, performance being terrible.

Voltage is reported as 1.062V and all 3 seem to have unusually low idle temps.

Have taken apart, repasted and cleaned. Tried in a couple of different rigs. Also tried flashing a fresh bios.

Wondered if anyone can remember if this was a know fault with these?

What sort of clocks are they hitting? I've had an Nvidia card before that simply wouldn't clock up no matter what and remained in a low power state. I remember reading some other reports of people experiencing the same when I was troubleshooting it at the time. Ultimately, there was nothing to be done in my case - the card was just faulty and went back. It does seem odd to have three of the same card which all behave the same way though. Did you buy them new at the time, or more recently as untested/not working or something?

I was reading a similar post in another place with a more recent card. It turned out to be the motherboard was misreading voltage and power, so the graphics card began throttling to a safe level which was 210 Mhz.

210÷3=70

So I wonder if that is what is happening in your case? The guy in the other place was advised to rma- hardware failure (I think the motherboard).

One of them turned out to be INA 3221. Replaced it and it's boosting as normal. Others, really scratching my head. Despite them all having identical symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom