• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 GK110

Caporegime
If there's the potential for anything higher than 20% faster than the 690 then nvidia will cripple the initial release, wait 9-12 months then release the full fat card at a premium to entice the serial upgraders.

I'm sure AMD could have pushed the 79xx series faster or specced them better, but it's in their business interests to only makes them slightly faster than the top end card so they have headroom to reelase a faster product with a higher price point at a later date. I'm sure NVidia could release the 690 or 780 or whatever they want to call it and make it 50% faster than anything available right now if they put their mind to it, but they won't so they can trickle the cards and the updates and make more money.

Associate
Why not wait for the gx116 chip. Rumour has it it will compete very favourably against the radeon 18000 series.

Lol, in all seriousness, i dont see the point in waiting for something that is only rumours at the moment. If you need an upgrade, upgrade. If you dont, dont.

Permabanned
Gibbo said not this year. My personal opinion is that we will see it if Nvidia think we need to.. IE see what AMD's next moves are first.

Did Gibbo get a job at Nvidia HQ..? He needs to shift that new order of 670 ti's hes got coming in so he would say that.

But i doubt nvidia will move again until AMD do which is a sad but true :( i myself will wait for GK110 even if these specs we read are rubbish it will still be a bigger upgrade than the 680 brought to the table but i think it will hurt the pockets!

Soldato
Did Gibbo get a job at Nvidia HQ..? He needs to shift that new order of 670 ti's hes got coming in so he would say that.

In his defence, I don't think Gibbo's ever misled anyone intentionally (from what i've seen)

He's a salesman, so things he says will obviousl have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I have never seen him outright lie just to shift stock!

Associate
Although im preparing a war chest of £500 for may, to buy a non reference third party custom cooled graphics card (i assume £500) because well...look at the msi lightning for example..I have huge doubts in wanting to spend that much. Upgrading every 3 years or so, the time has come to max out my system in everyway possible (so to last another 3 years) I'm pretty flabbergasted at how nvidia and ati are allowed to get away in ****ing all over consumers. As for this rumour about the 780 it's not the fact that i might be missing out on a superior gpu months down the line...(performance of current top end is fine for me) it's just that price reduction would most likely be huge...and i'll of gotten badly ripped off. Waiting and Waiting...how the hell is one supposed to make a reasonable decision.

Back
Top Bottom