• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Associate
OP
Nothing amazing but seeing as it's an owners thread. Here's mine :)

5jwn.jpg

How does the reference cooler cope with that card spacing you have there Frosty?

Seeing lower clocks on the upper two cards? Guessing the middle one is having a really hard time getting heat from both sides.

Soldato
Found that was an issue with the Titans but not on these. Probably something to do with the new clever power balancing. They all run at the same boost at stock without a problem which is around 1150mhz

Associate
Does EVGA precision overvoltage still work with these, on stock bios ?
Mine stays at 1.175v max 3d voltage, regardless of if I add more voltage using Precision.

Associate
How does the reference cooler cope with that card spacing you have there Frosty?

Seeing lower clocks on the upper two cards? Guessing the middle one is having a really hard time getting heat from both sides.

Guru3D thermal Imaging shows that the cooler does not dump any heat in the case, just liek the R290X one does not :) (Except for a little bit of residual heat)

So the reference cooler is great for SLI, as long as the cards get enough air and don't starve each other.

Soldato
Guru3D thermal Imaging shows that the cooler does not dump any heat in the case, just liek the R290X one does not :) (Except for a little bit of residual heat)

So the reference cooler is great for SLI, as long as the cards get enough air and don't starve each other.
This is what I like about the reference design. So many of the custom cooler dump into the case, which is not good unless you have very good airflow.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Am waiting on the final specs of the 78ti classified before I jump in, am itchin to pull the trigger now on a few superclocked evga jobbies but will hang fire a bit longer.
Course I may be waiting for nothing and it could be I get lucky with a few superclocked that clock well or lumbered with a few classifieds that do not clock much further than stock ..... mmmmm .... I hate being stuck in the middle :(

Back
Top Bottom