• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Can't I just flash Classified BIOS onto this and see if it runs without crashing?

Wouldn't that unlock extra volts and such...

I've noticed on startup that the card doesn't hit max clocks so I could safely re-flash from within Windows if things weren't kosher...

Problem is, can't find the BIOS file ANYWHERE, possible friendly upload?

Eek, I wouldn't flash to the Classified BIOS. Just because of any minor differences in voltage regulation. I'm sure there will be a few changes. It's not worth bricking your card over. Maybe ask Ben the rep on here.

Nice i paid about £380 for mine. I wish id kept it now though. It would have been nice to keep as an ornament on the mantle piece.:p

Ho ho ho :p
I kinda prefer my 780ti tbh. Sure it doesn't hit the same benchmark scores but for gaming I think it's better/smoother. I'd prefer to be with AMD but oh well :o

Eek, I wouldn't flash to the Classified BIOS. Just because of any minor differences in voltage regulation. I'm sure there will be a few changes. It's not worth bricking your card over. Maybe ask Ben the rep on here.

Nor would I. As the Classy will be using a completely different board with more components on it.

Ho ho ho :p
I kinda prefer my 780ti tbh. Sure it doesn't hit the same benchmark scores but for gaming I think it's better/smoother. I'd prefer to be with AMD but oh well :o

:D Pun not intended, honest.

No harm in going on holiday, so long as you come home eventually. :p

How long have you had the i7? Coulda sworn you had an i5 when i was helping you with your 7990.

I'd like to think your 2500K played a part in your less than smooth 7990, because i found the same thing. Bottlenecking. ;)

Yep it's possible. I've seen over a 50% performance increase in firestrike compared with my i5. I got a naff 4770k though which is kinda disappointing. It won't reach 4.4Ghz :(

Yep it's possible. I've seen over a 50% performance increase in firestrike compared with my i5. I got a naff 4770k though which is kinda disappointing. It won't reach 4.4Ghz :(

Ah that sounds like a stinker. Mind you that's probably as fast as my 2700k @4.6ghz in games and it will be plenty for a single gpu, even a 780TI.

Yep needs tons of volts too. Over 1.3v for 4.3ghz. I compared scores with my friends' 3770k @4.5ghz and I just about beat him :) So yeah it's plenty fast. Bf4 is nice and smooth.

Built a new PC this morning after changing my OcUK order from a watercooled r290x xfire build to a air cooled 780ti one instead due to the lead times on watercooled parts. Anyway, I've now got 2 evga 780 ti super clocks but would like to know which is the best driver to use on them at the moment? BF4 is the main culprit at the moment, gaming at 1440p.

Built a new PC this morning after changing my OcUK order from a watercooled r290x xfire build to a air cooled 780ti one instead due to the lead times on watercooled parts. Anyway, I've now got 2 evga 780 ti super clocks but would like to know which is the best driver to use on them at the moment? BF4 is the main culprit at the moment, gaming at 1440p.

The latest beta drivers work great for me :)

Back
Top Bottom