• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Soldato
That's what I'm doing, though it's only going to cost me £17 :p

This cost would be the same for me since i bought it before the price drops, although i have just ordered a evga waterblock for the classy...

Decisions decisions...

How does the STEP UP programme work exactly? Do you pay to upgrade? WHy is there a queue??

You pay the difference of your purchase and the stepup card.
For example...
Your card cost £200
New card £250

You would be £50 plus delivery

Last edited:
Associate
First ive heard about this step up from EVGA.

One of my 780s is a stock reference EVGA 780 that I have a XSPC water block fitted so I want to ask can I just refit the stock air cooler and return my EVGA 780 which cost £509 from OCUK and just pay the difference for a EVGA Ti card.

Also will the water block fir has anyone tried to fit a 780 or TITAN block on a TI card yet because the review I just watched on youtube says they will fit but reports I read online say no they wont fit.

Associate
Couldn't resist the option of a good single card and not having to replace the cooler. Only the gigabyte with stock though as i don't have the patience to wait any longer. Cant wait to see how much it surpasses a 6950

Associate
Tempted to buy one myself, but what's the chance of these cards being less than £400 in 5 months time, £400 loss in value on 2 cards, plus 2nd hand sale, same as the GTX 780 = £540 loss my side.

+1 ! I lost a lot of cash going from 3x GTX 580 to 3x GTX 670 and lost even more going from 3x GTX 670 to 3x GTX 780... going after 3x GTX 780Ti's would make me single again ! :rolleyes:

The steep price cuts on the regular 780 and the re-sale value of 780's on the 2nd hand/used card market doesn't really make the "upgrading" attractive even though I really want 780Ti's ! :o if I'm lucky selling two 780 would just cover the cost for one brand new 780Ti... that's a looong way up to 3x 780Ti's.

If GTX 780Ti Black Edition 6GB cards arrive - then I'm might say screw it and sell all the 780's and get two Black Ed's for SLI :p (and wish for money for christmas !)

Soldato
Gigabyte reference model on order! Now I need to shift my GTX 670 somewhere...
Ditto! I convinced myself that £500 after cash back and game sales was a fair deal. There is a certain satisfaction to finally getting your hands on a full-fat GK110 after first reading about them 18 months ago.

Associate
of my phone so quality is meh.

68wq.jpg

j3ef.jpg

gvzo.jpg

Soldato
What is the overclocking utility of choice for these? I currently use Afterburner on my 670.

Will it be possible/worthwhile to flash the EVGA (reference) Superclocked BIOS onto the Gigabyte?

Back
Top Bottom