• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 970 / 980 - Custom Bios

Soldato
1570 seems to be the general limit with the reference cards in all situations. Some benches and games will let you go higher but 1570 is the ceiling.

Caporegime
OP
No wonder mine clocks so well!

30dc8p3.png

High ASIC!

Everyone else load up GPU-Z and right click show ASIC, should give you a rough idea for clocking :)

Associate
i must have a really crap card :/ flashed the g1 bios for 970, worked, but any higher on the core and i get artifacts have to keep it as is on the bios. asic is 73.2%

whats really annoying is before the flash i got 1504 easily.. any input guys ?

upon further investigation - increasing power target in AB crashes heaven and it wont launch, same with mv, reseting to defaults allows it to work fine. anything beyond 1480 and i get artifacts, ya wot m8

Last edited:
Soldato
Lot of threads and posts about it.

Voltage isn't shown correctly in GPUz or MSI AfterBurner. The cards actually pull 1.315v - 1.325v

You need to adjust the power sent to the card too otherwise it will still throttle back.

My MSI card with the custom bios, no clock adjustments, will boost to 1550 automatically and it will run BF4 with 1600 core and 8200 memory

Love this card.

Have tried both the gamestable and v7 no limits but the card still throttled with them, so made my own

could i have a copy of bios and what have you changed i have a stock 970 gaming and managed to top out at 1610 on the core and 8000 running 1.225v would love to see the limits of this card

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Sorry to be ignorant, is the SLI bug a problem is running non over clocked cards? Will be 970 windforce OCs

1600 MHz over the reference core clocks must be a serious fps gain?!

Associate
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 55-58C

I had a driver stopped responding at 1540MHZ Core, any higher and wouldn't run any games. Now using Custom Bios ( Game Stable ) as I want to be safe and look after my card and now boosting

1569 core, completely stable :D Even upped the ram clocks too :)

29d71jl.png

Hi Neil,

Is your custom bios the one off the overclock site? I've been having some issues with it.

Any chance you could post your so I could try it again?

Thanks,

E-I

Back
Top Bottom