• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX680 to arrive at the end of February!

Soldato
OP
no, if you read the article, the gtx680 will be around the power as the 7970, but with the 7970 having a gig more ram, it should have a slightly higher threshold for AA and may give better framerates!

Soldato
OP
It surprises me that more people don't realise something very obvious regarding this vram issue:

AMD clearly have a policy of putting more vram on their cards than is necessary so that they can be SLI'd without problems, whereas Nvidia's strategy is to release a lower vram card for those wanting a single GPU setup and a higher vram card for those wanting to SLI. AMD didn't put 3GB vram on the 7970 or 2GB vram on the 6970 because they needed that much vram each. They put it on for SLI reasons.

For AMD dude it is "CROSSFIRE" - SLi is what Nvidia call it...

Soldato
OP
Again, Can you stop trying to justify your spend. If you wanted a new toy, cool enjoy it. I would like to have a play around with one but I think I will wait and see what Nvidia offer as what I have now does fine.

Has the 7970 wiped the floor with the 580, I dont think it has personally.

Can you link the article that has the comments from Nvidia about how worried they are?

I agree, stop with the rumours and the what you personally think and get some proof!

Back
Top Bottom