GUI testing for a webapplication

Soldato
Hello,

I'm currently looking for ways to ''record'' a set of actions of an MVC webapplication, to automatise testing to save time for manual testing.

My current solution is using PhantomJS ( headless browser), in combination with CasperJS with the Resurrectio plugin for chrome, this works ( it records user action and creates a CassperJS script which can be run with Phantom), however Resurrectio has problems recording actions within a frame ( yes I know, I frames are old but this particular website is built this way and will take a while to dump the iframes), and I have to manually script the navigation to certain pages, it is a bit time consuming to manually write all the scripts.

Do any of you guys know/have experience with a user-friendly/easier solution to record a set of actions of a website ( logging in, clicking a dozen buttons, asserting if something exists, making screenshots at various stages, etc?

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, haven't been at work due to being ill for a while but I'll be going today!

Well, the language wasn't that important as it was the actions that were important, however, seeing as it supports C#, I'll go with that for webdriver, but for now I'll save them in html.

I have tried Selenium IDE for Firefox and it is much more user friendly than CasperJS.

I haven't yet tried the Selenium Webdriver in VS, I will give Webdriver a go next week though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom