guy at work really hates me for no particular reason

Associate
Hi,

Bit of a weird one. This guy at work hates me and I don't have a reason why.

I mean I'm very shy and quite a introvert, bit insecure and he is the exact opposite. Outgoing, chatty, confident and very popular around the office.

It's just the last 2 things he did which has confirmed my suspicions. One was not accepting my facebook friend request. I wasn't really to fussy when he refused it but he's got everyone else in the office on there. It's more the thing he did today which I really didn't like.

Basically this New Girl joined the office, nice girl about 21/22 she was sitting next to me today and I don't fancy her or anything but I was helping her with her IT problems and really just getting a bit of self confidence for myself talking to a nice girl. I noticed he messaged her on the communicator when he thought I wasn't looking, I couldn't see the message clearly but he was asking her how she felt sitting over there next to me and started badmouthing me?

I didn't say anything but it kind of hurts, guess i'm too sensitive. He's off on rotation for 3-6 months which is good I guess but tomorrow is the last day and I dunno if I should bring it up with him or not, I hate conflict but I'm quite annoyed about what he did. Told my colleague about it and he just says just be nice and don't say anything.

What should I do?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments.

I think I'm just not going to do anything since he's going away for a few months which means I can just forget about it till he returns. I know this seems like such a highschool scenario and I'm actually embarrassed.

The two things that bother me a bit is again what he did yesterday and trying to influence his opinion of me on that new girl and that I can see what he's really like when the other people cannot.

It's just a collection of minor things he's did in the last few months that awoken me to his hate for me, nothing that would be HR worthy. (except the communicator chat) but again he's always on there starting group chats without me so I'm assuming maybe that's not the first time he's talked behind my back.

Honestly can handle his opinions and comments. I have the ability to 'man up' and confront him but what would it achieve? that I'm not intimidated? perhaps but again I don't need to prove anything.

Who knows though we'll see how today goes. anything could happen!

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom