Guy wins $450 million on lottery.

Soldato
Must be a record. I think there are pretty high taxes involved though, maybe up to 40%. So what would you do with all this money. The obvious I suppose, a mansion, few cars, few holidays, money to friends and family, or would you give a lot to charity?

I would do tons or research and hire analyst and invest in bonds/hedge funds/stocks etc, buy a few properties also. Maybe some cheap ones, clean them up and sell at a profit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-450m-lottery-jackpot-hope-do-good-humanity/

Soldato
OP
If in this country could you buy say 90% of lottery ticket combinations. Obviously you couldn't stand in a shop and order say 12 million tickets but is there a way to somehow order as many tickets as this.

Soldato
OP
I assume that all these people advising those that consider this too bigger sum to win to donate to charity. I for one find donating to charity very difficult these days given the high percentage of any donation that is used for the big remuneration the bosses of charities seem to enjoy these days.
Then I ask myself I am in my 60's and the same pleas for money to fund say clean water is being asked for now as was decades ago. What the hell happened to all the millions raised for such purposes.
So for me it would be too much as I have few friends and even fewer I would want to give loads of dosh to, so apart from a house and a car and lots more pets what the hell would I do with the money at my age.

Apparently only 10% of the Haiti disaster money went to Haiti the rest was skimmed off. Take with pinch of salt but could be true. Think $10B was donated or funded.

Must have been.trillions? put into Africa over the years also, maybe it's making progress though?

Soldato
OP
So if you won 450 million, which is MORE than enough to buy everything you want and live off indefinitely, you would then invest it into stocks etc? .... people generally invest in things to get something remotely close to 450 million, but if you already just won it, what is the point lol.

Become a Robin Hood?

Back
Top Bottom