Guys, what would YOU do...?

Soldato
Right, heres the situation;

I ordered a 250GB WD SATA2 16MB Drive 2 weeks ago, to have as a 2nd drive (to compliment my 250GB Hitachi SATA2 which I might add has a broken SATA connector).
It turned out to have a faulty onboard temp sensor (!) so I am sending it back to be RMA'd to OCuk.

I ordered a Seagate 7200.9 SATA2 250GB 16MB instead so I will refund the WD in the RMA, and after yesterday, I thought THAT was faulty, as I thought it made a metallic grind, instead I put my ear next to it and found it sounds more like a 'beep'.
Kinda like the beep a PC makes when it starts up, but it sounds slightly different and a bit quieter.
A beep is most likely normal!? Even though it doesnt beep at any particular given time, its not a particularly alarming beep.

ANYWAY!
In my haste thinking it WAS faulty, I ordered another Seagate yesterday night! Its coming tommorow so what do I do;

1) Leave it packaged complete and send it back under distance selling act.

2) Replace my Hitachi (with the broken SATA connector) with the new drive, have 2x Seagates, and sell the Hitachi.

What is the best suggestion folks?

Depends if you wanna lose money.

Sending back the new drive means you get full refund. Flogging old drive means you only get some of your money back.

Probably wont be much in it but depends how miserly you are :D

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom