• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[H]ardOCP: GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice

Soldato
I just posted to say I didn’t care, Oh wait :)
If they didn't care, they wouldn't be trying to defend it so hard.

Bear in mind that we're talking about people constantly and actively defending GPP, not people who don't care, as despite them being part of the problem, isn't the same thing.

Associate
Couldn't be more wrong, I know 3 people who have purchased cards thinking they were NVidia, but ended up buying ATI by mistake, completely their own fault but it has and probably still does happen.
To claim that no one has ever done it is just plain wrong.:)

You probably know people who have gone to buy a Ford and came home with a BMW too... I mean, they both have four wheels, right :D:p;)

Associate
This is the problem, While Vega does give the performance of the 1070/ti & 1080 it loses out in temps, power requirements & noise,
It's why their isn't an official Vega Nano like there was a Fury Nano. Vega took two steps backwards & one step forward.

Watch this space, Powercolor Vega Nano incoming in 3,2,1... Or at Computex to be more accurate :p

Permabanned
Watch this space, Powercolor Vega Nano incoming in 3,2,1... Or at Computex to be more accurate :p

That's not an actual Vega Nano though, It's a Vega 56 that Powercolor have used to make a Nano sized card & having had a full size Vega 64 blower card I know without a doubt that Powercolor's Nano will be like a hairdryer under a gaming load. It'll be horrible to live with.

Permabanned
No, it really doesn't.

Read more, argue less.

A research article, “Effects of Display Resolution on Visual Performance” by Martina Ziefle https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_of_Display_Resolution_on_Visual_Performance

Martina Ziefle, Institute of Psychology, Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule
Aachen, Aachen, Germany

The role of display resolution in visual information processing was investigated in2 experiments. Experiment 1 examined the effects of 2 CRT conditions (resolu-tions of 60 and 120 dots per inch [dpi]) and a paper control condition (255 dpi)on proofreading speed and accuracy.

The results showed that reading perfor-mance was significantly better in the paper condition than in the 2 CRT condi-tions. Experiment 2 examined the effects of 3 different CRT resolutions (62, 69,and 89 dpi) on eye movement parameters (fixation duration and number of fixa-tions) in a visual search task. Further, search reaction times (RTs) and observers’ratings of visual fatigue were analyzed. RTs and fixation durations were signifi-cantly increased in the low-resolution condition (62 dpi) as compared with thehigh-resolution condition (89 dpi).

The significant interaction between displayresolution and time both for search RTs and fixation durations was taken as evi-dence for stronger fatigue in the low-resolution conditions. Additionally, the extentof visual fatigue correlates both with search RTs and eye movement parameters.This finding gives rise to the assumption that observers’ responsiveness to effectsof display resolution in terms of visual fatigue differs markedly. Actual or poten-tial applications of this research include recommendations for the use of high-resolution displays (90 dpi and greater) to optimize visual performance, to makeprolonged on-screen viewing more comfortable, and to avoid visual fatigue.

Effects of Display Resolution on Visual... (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_of_Display_Resolution_on_Visual_Performance [accessed May 18 2018].

Soldato
No, it really doesn't.
Read more, argue less.

A research article, “Effects of Display Resolution on Visual Performance” by Martina Ziefle https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_of_Display_Resolution_on_Visual_Performance

Martina Ziefle, Institute of Psychology, Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule
Aachen, Aachen, Germany

Effects of Display Resolution on Visual... (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_of_Display_Resolution_on_Visual_Performance [accessed May 18 2018].

While 4k is visually pleasing i have seen numerous polls where gamer's prefer 1440p 144hz. With the introduction of high hertz 4k monitors this will probably change when it becomes affordable to the majority. 4k ultra wide with high refresh would be the daddy for me though. Had a shot of a high end ultra wide 1440p and it looked really nice.

Soldato
It's adorable that you think he'd actually publicly tell the truth rather than just give some PR spin speil.

That really is quite the naive mentality you've got there.

Aren't you cute with the bitter condescension.

Seems like it's rustling your jimmies real good seeing Jensen asked the obvious question and being forced to regurgitate the company line.

It's a good laugh to see a company try it on and have the CEO defend a U turn as if he's a brainless idiot.

If you're taking it personally or seriously then it's embarrassing.

Soldato
Aren't you cute with the bitter condescension.

Seems like it's rustling your jimmies real good seeing Jensen asked the obvious question and being forced to regurgitate the company line.

It's a good laugh to see a company try it on and have the CEO defend a U turn as if he's a brainless idiot.

If you're taking it personally or seriously then it's embarrassing.
Speaking of U turns, you just U turned so hard you've probably got whiplash.

Soldato
Read more, argue less.

Aachen, Aachen, Germany

That isn't what you said. You claimed that "4K" transforms the computing experience into something else.

To which I correctly stated that it doesn't.

What you've quoted doesn't back up your statement, it literally just talks about how more resolution is better.

More resolution is better, but that isn't what you claimed.

Soldato
While 4k is visually pleasing i have seen numerous polls where gamer's prefer 1440p 144hz. With the introduction of high hertz 4k monitors this will probably change when it becomes affordable to the majority. 4k ultra wide with high refresh would be the daddy for me though. Had a shot of a high end ultra wide 1440p and it looked really nice.
Well, funnily enough refresh rate ties into resolution in the context of it providing more information that your brain can resolve.

Caporegime
So, do you not agree that it's grade A BS, or are you lapping it up as well?
I just don't care. I actually find it more amusing seeing people kicking off over it, whilst I will continue to buy what suits me best. The GPP was stopped and that is a good thing but it wouldn't have stopped me buying NVidia had it not stopped. I tend to worry over more important things in life.

Man of Honour
I wonder if Volta and Turing are an identical architecture just targeted at different markets,

Alan Turing is linked to maths/code breaking and computing so NVidia could use the Turing name for their professional cards and move the Volta name over to the gaming cards.

Associate
I wonder if Volta and Turing are an identical architecture just targeted at different markets,

Alan Turing is linked to maths/code breaking and computing so NVidia could use the Turing name for their professional cards and move the Volta name over to the gaming cards.

I read a while back that Volta, Ampere and Turing were all the same underlying architecture, just named for the market segment they filled but I'll be buggered if I can remember where I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom