H100i CPU temps fluctuating a lot..

Associate
Can anyone advise what's going on here, I have a 3700X with a H100i and the CPU temps according to Ryzen Master (while doing NOTHING) are constantly fluctuating from about 35C > 60C, they rise and fall often, which makes my fans surge which is also annoying.

The heatsink is seated correctly and tightened finger tight equally both sides.

Fan 1 + 2 set to quiet and pump to balanced in iCue.

Associate
Change the fans to something like Noctua / Corsair ML or something else that is good and bin the crap Corsair stock fans if that is what you are using. If you can't do that try setting the fans on louder setting or using a fancurve. The stock fans are just junk on the majority of the Corsair AIO units.

Associate
FWIW I had a system with an H100i where the CPU was idling at 60C after re-installing it. Turned out to be hard debris that had formed inside the coolant and ended up at the integrated pump causing lack of flow I guess.

I also made the mistake of cleaning out the debris and old coolant and filling up with new coolant in hope. After testing on the bench and left sat for a week to check for leaks it all looked good so went to mount it on a bare X99 on my desk. While moving it into place a hose burst off the radiator spraying water over the X99 board, my other desktop which I had opened the case on, my 4k monitor, my laptop plus a plethora of other items. What a mess, guess I should be grateful the only thing powered up was the UPS and that seemed to be unscathed. I'm guessing there may have been a reaction to the coolant causing pressure build up and then the hose that isn't crimped but just has a plastic shroud decided it was all to easy to pop off the aluminum barb connector. Learned my lesson and destroyed the AIO so I wouldn't get any more stupid ideas like that again. :/

Back
Top Bottom