H440 NZXT case. front fans not operating.

Associate
Hi.

I just bought a new PC with this case. Opened the front panel to realised the front fans aren't working but the rear 140MM is. I'm not very computer savvy but does anyone have any ideas why there not spinning. I thought all the connections would have been fitted properly. Also I have a LED 12V cable that is lit up but has a 4pin connector at the end. Does this need to be plugged in anywhere?

Associate
As stated above check that the fans are all connected to the PWM fan hub which is mounted on the back of the motherboard tray roughly in the centre. If they are check that the fan hub is connected to a fan header on the motherboard, it might be that the rear fan is connected directly to the motherboard hence why it is working.

Associate
I would connect one of the 4 case fans to the first fan header on the hub and leave the CPU fan connected to the header on the motherboard. The hubs PWM cable can then be connected to the chassis fan header on the motherboard.

Associate
i got the case recently i didnt know that the hub is meant to be connected to cpu fan. I have corsair af and sp fans the ring ones should i connect the adapters that come with them to it also? i noticed it has a resistor under the shrink tubing

Associate
i got the case recently i didnt know that the hub is meant to be connected to cpu fan. I have corsair af and sp fans the ring ones should i connect the adapters that come with them to it also? i noticed it has a resistor under the shrink tubing

it doesn't have to be connected to the CPU fan, i have connected one of the case fans to the CPU fan header on the hub. This is the only way to get the hub to provide fan rpm to any fan contollers. The hub PWM lead i have connected to one of the motherboard chassis fan headers.

My issue with the case fans is they are too noisy even at 550 rpm and at that speed they click faintly.

Associate
it doesn't have to be connected to the CPU fan, i have connected one of the case fans to the CPU fan header on the hub. This is the only way to get the hub to provide fan rpm to any fan contollers. The hub PWM lead i have connected to one of the motherboard chassis fan headers.

My issue with the case fans is they are too noisy even at 550 rpm and at that speed they click faintly.

I thought I was missing something i dont mind what speed my fans run at the pc is silent for me. i have 2 corsair sp and 2 af 120s and using 2 of the stock 120 mm fans im planning on putting the 140 back in the back of the case, im buying some silverstone fan filters next week so i can make the top intake

Associate
Bought the NZXT H440 a couple of days ago from yourself. All setup my corsair H100i v2 fans running fine but my 4 case fans not working and the LED NZXT light isn't on now which it was to start with. Tried the black switch at the back still nothing.
Hope you can help

Back
Top Bottom