Had some sad news today.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
IMG_3003.jpg

He regularly came to our Jap-car meets on his stunning ZX10r, and I today learned that he was killed in a accident on his bike.

Tommy was a genuinely nice bloke, and not afraid to show us ricers how quick a crotch-rocket really is.

I'm truly shocked, this kind of thing always makes you think :(

RIP mate :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Lithium: Please start another thread if you want to make comments like the ones you have posted in here. Like you have been told, there is a time and a place.

Thank you.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I think Tommy was in his early-to-mid-20's, too young :(

I only knew him through the meets so I don't know how much family he left, but I am in contact with a close friend of his, and I think the idea of a large framed photo is great.

I'll contact the guy who originally took the pic and see if he still has a large original. It was taken in April last year, that was a great meet.

EDIT: BBC News. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Here's a message from Lee, Tommy's best friend:

Thanks a lot for the kind words.

I dont have proper details on what happened yet, they think his rear tyre blow when he went to pass a car, sent him onto the grass and hit a tree.

He died instantly so at least he didnt suffer, will get back with full details when i get them.

Just bad that one of the best riders I've ever known goes out due to mechanical failure.

I am shaken up still not fully believeing it, as he was my best friend I'd spent years with and as we both drove for a living we would spend atleast 2 hours every day talking. Its' gonna take a lot of getting used to.

I spoke to Lee on the phone earlier and he is pretty cut up, poor bloke :(

Back
Top Bottom