HAF 922 and Corsair H100

Soldato
I'm getting some upgrades for Christmas (motherboard/ram/processor) and I'm just wondering what the best setup would be for watercooling the i7 I'm getting.

Currently I have all the standard fans that come with the HAF 922, plus a secondary 200mm side fan.

Would it beneficial if I purchased the H100 and removed the top fan (replaced by the radiator for H100) and the side fan, or would I be better off getting the H80 and just replacing the rear exhaust fan and keeping the top and side 200mm fans?

Last edited:
Associate
Not too sure on the 922, but on the HAF-X, it's possible to mount a radiator in the roof of the case, whilst keeping the 200mm fan. I would have thought there's also space in the 922, as the only thing your risking hitting, is the mobo/RAM, and there's probably enough space to miss those?

Soldato
OP
@ThePengu1n Won't 4 fans make the radiator massive? and what benefit over 2 fans would 2 extra give temp wise? hardly going to halve the temp is it?

Also can you recommend any slient fans with blue LED illumination?

@RC The 922 has space for the rad, not sure if it will fit with the 200mm fan, I think it's 1 or the other

Associate
@RC The 922 has space for the rad, not sure if it will fit with the 200mm fan, I think it's 1 or the other

Like I said, I don't have the 922, so can't be sure exactly, but with the HAF-X you can have both, if you mount the rad in the main compartment of the case, rather than under the lid, where the 200mm fans go.

Back
Top Bottom