*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Associate
OP
Prequel so like.... half life 1?! Probably Black Mesa thats been on the point of completion for what feels like decades now ported to VR. :p

Clearly the team working on Black Mesa want to complete it in Valve Time™ in tribute to Valve. This game should be set inbetween HL1 and 2, and my keen detective skills tell me Alyx will be the protagonist.

Incorrect. They've stated that the 3 releases will be compatible with all Steam VR supported devices.

Cool, should make it accessible to more people. I'll have to look around at the options.

Associate
OP
They also discussed about the reasons for going VR rather than 2D with one of the explanations pretty much summing up what VR brings to a game. In a 2D for example, you come to a door, you press a button and it opens. It has 2 states, open/closed. In VR you can interact with it just like you would for real. Open it slightly, peak through the gap, lob a grenade in, shut the door again etc. Something that would be impossible to do with a 2D game and traditional controls.

I get where they're coming from, but this particular example they're giving is funny given what you can do with a door in Modern Warfare.

Of course you wouldn't have nearly the same level of control as you would in VR, but you can manage what they're suggesting.

Associate
OP
Only because I'm a lazy @@@@ but will this be a sit down vr game?

You'll be able to play sitting, standing or room scale. Valve's approach to this seems to be to give us all the options.

Shouldn't this thread be in the VR section of the forum? ;)

Eh, people might not expect game info in the hardware section so they won't be looking there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom