Half term in Casablanca

Man of Honour
We're off to Morocco for half term just for something a bit different.

I've been to Morocco a few times in the past for work, and loved it. However as a French speaker and basic Arabic speaker I found it quite easy to get settled, and having grown up around the middle east the culture is familiar to me. However this is the first time for my wife and kids, keen to hear on some ideas from you guys to see if I've missed anything. It's mainly just to get away from the UK for a bit before the run up to Christmas when we'll be going back to the fatherland anyway.

Some of the things that are obvious are things like:

• Hassan II mosque
  • Visit some of the old town and markets
  • Probably visit Ain Diab beach it might be a bit cool to go in the sea, but having been there in autumn it's always lovely there.
  • Visit some of the parcs for the kids
  • Take the kids on a camel ride
  • Maybe a day trip to some of the other coastal towns (perhaps El Jadida or Oualidia?)
  • Might take the train to Rabat to visit the capital as there's a lot of famous sites there to visit.

Any hidden gems from you guys? Both kids are under 10 but are well travelled and have a very broad palette for food and culture already which I'm hugely proud of - but of course they're kids and like to do kid's stuff - as much as I try to look at things through the lens of my kids, it's hard not to put an adult spin on it!

Back
Top Bottom