Halo Infinite

Associate
I’m hoping there are more sequences later on like the start of the game.

Im pretty sure the opening sequences are it for the game, the rest is open world. But i've stayed away from reviews so not 100% sure.

Really enjoyed the first two sections - just seemed really Halo to me.

Looking forward to exploring the area later

Soldato
The audio is really something else through headphones. Graphically probably the best game I've played on my Series X so far and the gameplay is decent too.

I like the small details, for example you shoot an enemy in the leg and his leg will fly back causing him to fall over. Those small details really add to the game.

Soldato
Hey guys having a weird issue with this game on Xbox Series S, it will not post. The intro rolls and as soon as the main page launches it crashes and sometimes shows like a corrupt graphics screen and needs hard reboot. The series s plays other games okay.

It works fine on our Series X.

Could this be a strange issue with this game or could it be hardware faulty ? Any suggestions welcome to troubleshoot this . Cheers.

Soldato
I’m going to have to be honest it’s a good game but it gets a bit boring after the initial part. It’s basically rescue soldiers and take bases over and over with a few bits of story thrown in. I’m enjoying it but in small chunks I do feel if it was not Halo themed it would have been criticised harder.

I much preferred the story driven previous games over this if I’m honest.

Soldato
Having drifted away from consoles for a few years after Halo 3, and only in the last year playing through 4 and 5, which I had to force myself to finish....I wasn't expecting much.

Master Chief is a dull as dishwater hero and the lore with Cortana is an absolute yawnfest, always has been....that's why 4 and 5 were so weak....they leaned in too much on the weakest parts of the game, and didn't improve the core.

Infinite for me is exactly what Halo should be in 2021...it's taken the essence of the game, levels like The Silent Cartographer from CE, and used modern hardware to make en experience that focuses on the best parts of Halo.

Great gunplay, meaty vehicles, smart AI, loads of polish, awesome audio. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't go on too long, but I'm happy plugging through the map at the mo.

Associate
Fabulous game so far. I upgraded my AV receiver specifically for this game. With Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision it is such an immersive experience. The graphics are really nice I think.
I just love the "feel" of the game. Killing grunts never gets old.

Soldato
I really enjoyed the opening section, but now I'm in open world, its like I'm playing Assassins Halo Cry from UbiClone tbh. Looks great, plays great, bored by copy paste open world filler :(

Enjoyed finding the Craig easter egg though. Also surprised by finding the grapple hook actually quite good addition. Easy to use, and has great tactical benefit in battles.

Man of Honour
No, there is something more to it. I'm on a 50mb connection, but if there is a game running, its down to 14mb. As soon as I suspend it, it jumps straight back up to 50mb

My 10Gb connection has always dropped to exactly 50Mb when gaming and MS state that it's write-limited to 50Mb.

Maybe if you have poor internet then it reserves some bandwidth for the game too, but that's not related to the write cap.

Soldato
Great gunplay, meaty vehicles, smart AI, loads of polish, awesome audio. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't go on too long, but I'm happy plugging through the map at the mo.

This is what stands out for me, finally........a game released in a polished state, I'm sure there are some bugs but its nothing game breaking like most AAA releases now days. And the enemy AI is decent, they don't just stand still, they move around, take cover and can be quite clever generally, they all have there little traits as well, just brilliant!

Soldato
Fabulous game so far. I upgraded my AV receiver specifically for this game. With Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision it is such an immersive experience. The graphics are really nice I think.
I just love the "feel" of the game. Killing grunts never gets old.
That and them calling you demon and some still try run away ha

Caporegime
This is what stands out for me, finally........a game released in a polished state, I'm sure there are some bugs but its nothing game breaking like most AAA releases now days. And the enemy AI is decent, they don't just stand still, they move around, take cover and can be quite clever generally, they all have there little traits as well, just brilliant!

Well they did delay it for a year after a large backlash to a previous reveal...

Soldato
Hosted a great 2 v 2 session today at my house. It was like going back 20 years with the original Halo, they really captured the spirit of the first two games.

Back
Top Bottom