Handy Tool & Power Tools Tricks, Tips + Hacks

Soldato
Might be a useful thread to add all those handy hints & tips that makes your work/DIY much easier and can aid those new to trade or DIY.

I'll start off with something not many in the trade know about and that is how to do the 2/3 clicks and one click on keyless chucks that keep that bit in the chuck and not working its way out every few turns.

Another simple and cheap one is a Speed Square as a circular saw/jigsaw guide.

Soldato
AvE has called BS on the drill chuck thing, his synopsis make sense. Also if it were a feature the manufacturers would be shouting loud about it.

Otherwise, good idea for a thread!

Soldato
I tried that chuck trick well over a year ago -It didn't work for me so went out and replaced those chucks with key chucks -I do not have a lot of strength in my hands.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
I have one and used it today - it still doesn't stop the screw wobbling as you try to start it in the wood. Try it with a small screw you can't grip - and it also depends on material you are useing -soft builder timber is easy but they make it look hard.

I think all those videos are fixed -They keep going till they get a good one and show that.

Soldato
OP
I have one and used it today - it still doesn't stop the screw wobbling as you try to start it in the wood. Try it with a small screw you can't grip - and it also depends on material you are useing -soft builder timber is easy but they make it look hard.

I think all those videos are fixed -They keep going till they get a good one and show that.

I have a deep one of around 9cm that has worked fine for me. I do start it off by banging the bit into the wood I intend to screw into.

Back
Top Bottom