Harddrive Choices

Associate
Hello, ive had alook around and after todays eppisode, i think i need a new harddrive, Basically ive ran out of storage, currently my machine has 500gb harddrive that stores everything and a 500gb external harddrive that we use for backup...

My plans are to use the 500gb already in there and buy another 1tb harddrive and use that to store everything, however my question is can i set the 500gb up to backup certain files? IE everything we take on the digital camera id like to back it up there.

Also while we are on the subject can i get a SSD drive for just booting and some heavy use programs, i run Windows 7, usually run Firefox and MSN thats it.

So what brands do you guys recomend?

Kieran

Associate
Depending on the spec of your PC, you could fit a Crucial M4 64GB drive as primary o/s boot and then use you 500GB drive as storage.

Don't bother with a 1TB drive as they are still overpriced. A 2TB drive would be the best option and I would recommend trying to get hold of a Samsung F4 one (or Seagate's new replacement model) as these are reliable and have 3 year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom