Hardest game you play?

Soldato
One that comes to mind is Streets of Rage on the Sega Megadrive, because you could not save so when you lost all your lives you had to start right from the beginning again. Spent many hours on that with my brother, but no matter how far we got, we never managed to complete it.

Had its moments, the 2nd one probalby learned from that

Associate
The hardest ones I'm playing at the moment are Arma 2, Mount & Blade and Demon's Souls on the PS3.

I found Mount & Blade quite easy until I realised everything was on the easiest setting, now that i've turned them up I'm lucky if I can kill most enemies one on one, being outnumbered is certain death.

I got Demon's Souls last week and it's absolutely unforgiving, the fact that regular enemies can kill you with one swipe and that the game throws you in at the deep end straight away can be very off putting. However once you learn the basics the game is awesome :)

Associate
Super Ghouls and Ghosts. :D

Though Super Meat Boy is a total HAFHIDSIGS!!IGH/@FSIHGSF

Lol, I saw the thread title and thought of Ghouls & Ghosts straight away!

Difficulty wise, they certainly don't make em like they used to. :D

Currently, I'd say when I go back to CSS from a long lay off, I tend to get pwned. :(

Associate
I beat "the guy" level :). Found the 3rd level the hardest purely because my thumbs were so tired and it required constant jumping!

Associate
Lol, I saw the thread title and thought of Ghouls & Ghosts straight away!

Difficulty wise, they certainly don't make em like they used to. :D

Currently, I'd say when I go back to CSS from a long lay off, I tend to get pwned. :(

CSS is very difficult, but the main problem is the amount of hackers making playing the game utterly joyless.

Soldato
Playing the online game Poxnora at the moment.

Some people are just insanely good - plus, it doesn't help that many are hardcore players who have their decks fully upgraded etc. :(

Soldato
Playing the online game Poxnora at the moment.

Some people are just insanely good - plus, it doesn't help that many are hardcore players who have their decks fully upgraded etc. :(

Super Ghost & Ghouls (SNES)
Ghouls' Ghosts (Megadrive)

This is when platform games were actually done professionally and it shows.

These two examples just happen to be almost impossible though, probably impossible for gamers nowadays.

Buy a copy of each ;) ;), download an emulator for each and see how hard you are!

Associate
I'm on that 'the guy' warpzone at the moment. The first stage took probably 500 deaths to complete the first time round. I keep having to redo it cause you can't save between stages.

It actually becomes like muscle memory after you try for long enough:) in the end i was barely focused on the screen i was so tired and i was still getting to the last section

Soldato
Super Ghost & Ghouls (SNES)
Ghouls' Ghosts (Megadrive)

This is when platform games were actually done professionally and it shows.

These two examples just happen to be almost impossible though, probably impossible for gamers nowadays.

Buy a copy of each ;) ;), download an emulator for each and see how hard you are!

Oh, I've been playing Ghouls 'n' Ghosts since I was a horror-obsessed youngster!

Never made it beyond level 2, if I remember correctly. LOL.

Still, I played the remake on the PSP which, while very good, just didn't seem to have the same magic.

Soldato
for sheer irritation factor, for me Black Ops on my 360, its like insta-kill central, totally the most annoying experience on a console for me!

as for PC, probably Nexus: The Jupiter Incident on hard, that seemed very difficult. infact i don't even think its doable, there are some of the levels that are insanely challanging on harder difficulty, the one with the siege shield annoys me to no end since the enemy ships seem like fourteen times stronger, and your wingmen seem to be feeble as hell! :(

Back
Top Bottom