Hardest game you play?

Soldato
Super Ghost & Ghouls (SNES)
Ghouls' Ghosts (Megadrive)

This is when platform games were actually done professionally and it shows.

These two examples just happen to be almost impossible though, probably impossible for gamers nowadays.

Buy a copy of each ;) ;), download an emulator for each and see how hard you are!

Super Ghouls & Ghosts on the SNES was rock hard
Ghouls & Ghosts on the Arcade or Megadrive was a breeze

Soldato
for sheer irritation factor, for me Black Ops on my 360, its like insta-kill central, totally the most annoying experience on a console for me!

as for PC, probably Nexus: The Jupiter Incident on hard, that seemed very difficult. infact i don't even think its doable, there are some of the levels that are insanely challanging on harder difficulty, the one with the siege shield annoys me to no end since the enemy ships seem like fourteen times stronger, and your wingmen seem to be feeble as hell! :(

Nexus just seemed designed to annoy the player, which is a shame because there's a really well made and interesting game hidden in there somewhere.

Even with the walkthru's, I still don't think I completed that level. :mad:

Soldato
Nexus just seemed designed to annoy the player, which is a shame because there's a really well made and interesting game hidden in there somewhere.

Even with the walkthru's, I still don't think I completed that level. :mad:

it was a pretty 'inconsistant' game as well, where one time you would try a level, get absolutely owned by the enemy and inflict no damage to speak of, only to retry it and totally annihilate them, suffering nothing but superficial damage in return. was weird like that! :)

Permabanned
Currently, StarCraft 2 and Super Meat Boy. The former being quite mentally demanding, while the latter is...interesting :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Super Ghost & Ghouls (SNES)
Ghouls' Ghosts (Megadrive)

This is when platform games were actually done professionally and it shows.

These two examples just happen to be almost impossible though, probably impossible for gamers nowadays.

Buy a copy of each ;) ;), download an emulator for each and see how hard you are!

Im with you on this one played the Snes version was on the last lvl and I picked up another weapon after 8 hours of play still have not completed :mad:

Soldato
Project IGI.

Back in the days where there were no save game option, only completing the level to do so.

Also, Tomb Raider 3 and C&C: Red Alert 2 using Allies on the PS1

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Im with you on this one played the Snes version was on the last lvl and I picked up another weapon after 8 hours of play still have not completed :mad:

Yup, even if you do reach the end, it sends you back to the beginning and you have to do it all again to actually finish the game and get the proper ending :D

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I'm playing Donkey Kong Country on the SNES and I find it hard. :( Great game, though - excellent graphics for the SNES.

Oh Dear... DKC is probably one of the easiest platformers ever. Awesome, but easy.

They really ramped up the difficulty in 2 and 3 as the first was criticized for being so short due to how easy it was.

Also love the music on DKC. Ah nostalgia.

Anywho, if you think DKC is hard, don't go near Super Ghouls and Ghosts as you will weep tears of rage.

Permabanned
Oh Dear... DKC is probably one of the easiest platformers ever. Awesome, but easy.

They really ramped up the difficulty in 2 and 3 as the first was criticized for being so short due to how easy it was.

Also love the music on DKC. Ah nostalgia.

Anywho, if you think DKC is hard, don't go near Super Ghouls and Ghosts as you will weep tears of rage.

Haha. I'm improving as I play. :o I've never really played platform games before.

I'm also having a go at Super Aleste, that probably IS hard.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
TBH most of the platformers of that era are solid.

Contra made me almost snap my SNES in half. :D

You did right picking DKC though, as it's a great game (as are it's sequels), also you need to play Super Mario World if you haven't done already (i'd be shocked if you haven't), and Super Metroid.

Plok and Zool are also great games on the SNES. :D

Associate
Watching that Super Meat Boy video hurts. I mean it actually physically hurts watching it from clenching and unclenching all the time. Some of the scenes of N+ had me doing that as well.

But for my hardest game I'd have to go back through the years and settle on a game called China Miner from Interceptor for the C64. Lucky if you could survive the first two seconds on that one. Yowza!

Back
Top Bottom