Hardest three footballers ever

Caporegime
Just wondering which footballers members would least like to find themselves on the wrong side of. Let's say they must have been playing in a top flight league since 1960, so we don't get loads of 'my great grandad' and blokes from the 1800s :p.

The blokes I'd least like to play against / fight are:

3. Roy Keane.
2. Duncan Ferguson.
1. Patrice Evra.

Patrice Evra just seems faster more aggressive, stronger than everyone. I'm not talking dirty here by the way, so players that just foul all the time but couldn't fight your granny, don't count.

Now you!

Soldato
patrice evra? i remember lennon nearly put him in an early grave not so long ago. he wasn't so fast and aggressive in that match!

Didier Drogba
Roy Keane
can't really pin point a third. it's easy to forget just how fast drogba is and although these days he is a far fairer player, he is extremely powerful. everyone knows about roy keane.

Permabanned
Shearer was pretty hard for a striker, remember when Keane tried to go for him and Shearer just stood his ground and Keane was held back, you know the "hold me back lads, let me at him" thing

DiCanio just a nutter/head case.

Soldato
All of the players listed by dmpoole plus Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness. None the modern day footballers have anything on the players from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Man of Honour
Advancing importance of technical ability and greater simulation has pretty much ended the role of the nutcase in any side.

People say Keane, sure he was pretty feisty but as it happens a bloody good footballer as well.

Soldato
Norman Hunter
Chopper Harris
Denis Smith
Billy Bremner

Virtually every team had one in the 60s and early 70s that would frighten Vinnie Jones.

Quoted for truth - in a lot of ways. But they did play in an era where you were sort of allowed to kick the crap out of the opposition!

Still hard men though.

Caporegime
OP
All these guys from the 1960s...do you really think they'd stand up in a fight against your Evras and your Drogbas? The latter pair are much fitter and are veritable athletic specimens compared to the boozing fag smokers of the 60s.

Soldato
All these guys from the 1960s...do you really think they'd stand up in a fight against your Evras and your Drogbas? The latter pair are much fitter and are veritable athletic specimens compared to the boozing fag smokers of the 60s.

I think the question should be would the likes of Evra or Drogba step onto a pitch full of nutcases from the 60-80's? :p

Soldato
Just because older players were allowed to kick the crap out of each other doesn't automatically make them harder. There will be plenty around today that would do so given half a chance.

Back
Top Bottom