Poll: Has anyone broken their iPhone 11 screen?

Have you broken your iPhone 11 screen?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 100.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
As per the subject really. When the iPhone 11 was released, they made a big point of the stronger screen and there were several drop tests on YouTube that showed how good it was.

Over the last year, I don’t think I’ve noticed anyone with a broken iPhone 11 screen so I’m intrigued as to how it’s been in the wild.

I haven't seen any iPhone 11 series with broken screens, and I've seen a ton of older ones and other phones. Good observation!

I smashed the back of my 11 pro (never smashed a phone before) after it fell out of my pocket whilst I was sat on the loo. The phone must have fallen less than 6 inches.
Got the phone replaced on the apple care scheme.

My son dropped his at the weekend (it's in a rubber case with a screen protector). The screen protector smashed and there was a tiny mark on the edge of the screen about the size of a pin head. But it didn't smash.

I haven't cracked the front of this one, which is impressive as all but the 7+ suffered cracked screens at one point or another (personal favourite was slamming my 5 in the car door a few times wondering why the door wouldn't shut. Result was a banana iPhone 5) but I do have a really small hairline crack going down the left side of the phone between the camera array and the side. It's such a small crack that unless you know it's there you wouldn't see it.

Should get it fixed but I don't think it's worth the £75 just yet

I am guessing Apple are still too tight to use Gorilla glass

The glass on every single phone I've ever had seems equally prone to micro scratches. Breakages I'm not sure about as I've so far avoided dropping a phone.

My prediction: in fifty years time, Ultra Gorilla Glass 72 Turbo will still break when the phone clad in it drops from your pocket and lands badly on a hard surface three feet below.

It seems that every flagship phone in the past ten years has been fitted with “unbreakable” Gorilla Glass yet the screens and backs always seem to smash...

Yo @Feek no break on iPhone 11, quite a few fumbles and tumbles, although I’ve had a glass screen protector on most of the time... a few drops out of the case and no adverse effects either.

Pixel 3XL on the other hand, tiny drop, little bit of grit between screen protector and case and the screen’s cracked! 280 quid fix (not yet done) and I use it for the Pixel camera only now.

iPhone 11 seems to be a beast still.

I think the only fail here was your awful attempt at dismissing iPhones as rubbish, and all you've come across as is ignorant.

I find it quite amusing for someone who wouldn't touch the device would then come to try and troll about it. When I don't care about things I tend to ignore them. I've broken all of my iPhone's that I've had but I suspect any other phone would've have also suffered the same fate.

3G - Flew out of my pocket when I was on a pogo-stick and smashed the front screen
4 - again dropped out of my pocket and hit a stone right on the corner to smash the front screen
5 - Slammed in car door several times before I realised my phone was the reason the door didn't shut. Hairline fracture across front of phone
6 - Dropped from face height onto concrete floor. Didn't smash the screen but developed a line down the screen that wouldn't register touches
7+ - Beast of a phone. No cracks but a minor dent on back of phone
X - Dropped phone at the gym and cracked the back
XS Max - Had phone on bed, partner accidentally stood on the screen and cracked it
11PMax - Dropped it on a drunken night out and made a tiny, barely noticeable, crack on back of phone.

I've always had insurance/Apple Care so I've never bothered with cases/screen protectors as I just don't like them. For how much I've dropped said devices they're pretty damn tough.

I find it quite amusing for someone who wouldn't touch the device would then come to try and troll about it. When I don't care about things I tend to ignore them. I've broken all of my iPhone's that I've had but I suspect any other phone would've have also suffered the same fate.

3G - Flew out of my pocket when I was on a pogo-stick and smashed the front screen
4 - again dropped out of my pocket and hit a stone right on the corner to smash the front screen
5 - Slammed in car door several times before I realised my phone was the reason the door didn't shut. Hairline fracture across front of phone
6 - Dropped from face height onto concrete floor. Didn't smash the screen but developed a line down the screen that wouldn't register touches
7+ - Beast of a phone. No cracks but a minor dent on back of phone
X - Dropped phone at the gym and cracked the back
XS Max - Had phone on bed, partner accidentally stood on the screen and cracked it
11PMax - Dropped it on a drunken night out and made a tiny, barely noticeable, crack on back of phone.

I've always had insurance/Apple Care so I've never bothered with cases/screen protectors as I just don't like them. For how much I've dropped said devices they're pretty damn tough.
I wouldn’t let you near any of my stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom