Has anyone completed a masters in computer science?

Associate
Not sure if this is right area, but just curious if anyone has done a computer science masters (or even bachelors) before and how beneficial its been to them?

I am asking because I just completed my economics degree and decided that I would like to continue study but have always wanted to study computer science but have been shifted in a different path by my parents!

So anyway has anyone here done a computer science degree/masters? How did you find it? Is there anything I could learn programming wise to help me with the masters ? I will be applying to courses that don't require previous computing degree/experience as I have none!

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I am looking at either the Bristol conversion course, or Imperial do a comp science masters for people with other degree areas. Would rather stay at home in London if possible!

Could I ask where you studied? Was the masters useful for obtaining a decent job after?

Associate
OP
A-levels are terrible, got BBB in Economics, IT and Business. I took them when I was 16 though as they put me up a year in high school but due to laziness/not caring at the time I didn't do well. Was kinda hoping that would help explain it in my personal statement. Got upper second class in Economics with a lot of 70%s for my degree!

I have heard of Imperial taking on some with worst/similar grades!

Back
Top Bottom