Has anyone ever won Takeshi's Castle?

Soldato
We were just watching another episode of Takeshi's Castle on Challenge TV and as always the contestents lost pretty quickly on the final challenge.

Has anyone actually ever seen the contestents win? :)

Associate
no but i have seen them come pretty close :) the water cannons they get are just sooo underpowered compared to the others

what do they get for winning anyway?

Soldato
Yea i have seen some winners.

Craig charles was like 'ooohhhh my god we have a winrar! I bet the prize is an old sony TV'

haha!

Oh I love that show, not on freeview anymore though :(.

Soldato
if i ever win the lottery, i'm making drucey's castle

somewhere where health and safety laws don't exist, as i don't think it'll get past UK regs..

Associate
Slightly O/T but does anyone know the name of the Jap gameshow that had an assault course as the finale? I believe 1 man made it to the finish where the final obstacle was climbing up a vertical tunnel type thing, i know this is a little vague but i can't explain it better.

Soldato
Slightly O/T but does anyone know the name of the Jap gameshow that had an assault course as the finale? I believe 1 man made it to the finish where the final obstacle was climbing up a vertical tunnel type thing, i know this is a little vague but i can't explain it better.

This? Think it was called Ninja Warrior when I saw it but I may be thinking of something completely different.

Associate

yep ninja warrior, the man who does the voiceover sounds SO wrong :o

Soldato
I saw one of the guys win on it, and pretty sure Craig Charles at the end said that they win absolutely nothing. Might have to have a google to see if the answer lies there.

I saw that one, I also saw one where a female contestant won and got a white envelope with a red ribbon round it, Craig Charles didn't say what was in it though.

Is it not something to do with them qualifying for some other game show?

Soldato
OP
I've seen one or two winners.

Classic show :D, its definatly about taking part and not the winning.

Aye, we're in our upper 20's and my and my GF love watching it. It just looks good fun and came from a time where health and safety people were not around to ruin it.

I suspect it wouldn't be allowed anymore as some of the contestents get some nasty looking injuries!

Back
Top Bottom