Has anyone tried Zero Latency in Nottingham?

Associate
Not been yet, but did get a voucher for it for Christmas so will be going in the near future. I'm waiting for the Origins experience to start before I try it though. Might as well do the latest and hopefully best experience if I'm going to try it. I'll report back once I have.

Soldato
OP
Not been yet, but did get a voucher for it for Christmas so will be going in the near future. I'm waiting for the Origins experience to start before I try it though. Might as well do the latest and hopefully best experience if I'm going to try it. I'll report back once I have.

Top man! Look forward to hearing how you go on!

Soldato
Presumably those are backpack pc's, are they running oculus.

Trawled through the site, couldn't find any reference to the hardware, but i'm sure I've seen the Zombie game they have as a PC game on steam. Personally I know the deal with VR and room scale, but this is something I will definitely recommend to others and co-workers to try out.

Soldato
Stumbled across an advert for Zero Latency in Nottingham and it looks great fun!

Has anyone been and have any opinions of it value for money wise?
A group of us went down and the entire group was disappointed with the sci-fi game. There was a few interesting elements but we all said we wouldn’t play that again. The weapons and combat didn’t work very well.

The Zombie game on the other hand was great fun. We plan to go back to replay that one and the new game. If you do play the Zombie game don’t spend the entire match on the ground floor, go up the lift just for the experience. We found the immersion for the zombie game x10 better then home Rift experience.

Also if you haven’t done something like this before it can take a few minuets to get used to walking around with a headset on.

Soldato
Presumably those are backpack pc's, are they running oculus.

Trawled through the site, couldn't find any reference to the hardware, but i'm sure I've seen the Zombie game they have as a PC game on steam. Personally I know the deal with VR and room scale, but this is something I will definitely recommend to others and co-workers to try out.
The games are specially made for the arena. Even if you play the game on another site it wont be the same as they custom make each game for each site.

Soldato
It looks like Zero Latency now have a number of solo VR simulators along side the team games and the new team game is live. Not had chance to get down there yet but will do at some point. I am still finding the immersion level at Zero Latency is far better then the most home VR kits.

They call the sims immotonvr
https://meetspacevr.co.uk/immotionvr/

Associate
Top man! Look forward to hearing how you go on!
Well I went last weekend. I liked their setup, a couple of Vive Pro's out front for people to demo games. A couple of PSVR racing setups as well. 2 Nintendo switches on big TVs for people to play whilst they're waiting to go in and a couple of TVs showing the arena and player POV so people checking it out can get a sense of what it's about.

Me and my wife played Outbreak Origins with 2 other people who were together. The briefing was done well, easy to see what's what, how to use the gun and what HUD elements you have including how to know if you're too close to another player using an alarm system and a top down player view pops up in case you're walking backwards or sideways towards another player. The HMDs are custom made and have focal lens adjustments for each eye, so people who need glasses can use the headsets without the glasses on. I don't use glasses but still needed to adjust each lens to get it as clear as I could. My face foam on the HMD was torn and hanging off, so I pointed it out and the quickly put a brand new one on which was good. The backpack seemed a little heavy when picking it up, but once on your back and straps tightened you hardly notice it. I think the lenses could have done with a clean as parts of my view seemed a little blurry where it shouldn't have been. They had comfortable Razer headphones, but the VOIP was a bit crackly which is surprising considering it's local play. They also didn't have your own mic playing through your own headset, so you could tell people weren't sure if others could hear them or not.

Overall the gameplay was OK, but it wouldn't be something I would play again. It wasn't as realistic as I was hoping, to me it felt very arcadey which was a shame. Not scary at all for a zombie game. Great for beginners but a little lacking for VR enthusiasts. You get full stats for the game when you've finished: Score, Overall Rank, Zombie Kills, Heavy Zombie Kills, Headshots, Distance Travelled, Deaths, Boss Damage.

I have another 2 games worth of credit due to poor service when booking/purchasing gift vouchers, so I'll go back and try another game, but other than that I won't be going back to spend more money. I think £35 each is a bit expensive for what it is, but as there isn't much competition for this type of VR experience you can see why they charge more. They've said they're working on a PVP experience where you can play against people at other Zero Latency locations throughout the world so that would be kind of cool if it does get implemented.

Soldato
walked past it numerous times but if you have VR at home, i don't feel the need to even try this tbh especially for the price at £30 for mins.

Back
Top Bottom