Has my brother made a mistake?

Soldato
Let me start by saying i'm a nOOb in Motors, so take it easy ;) ( Gang up on me and i'll whop all of your arse's in GD :D)

But anyway. My brother purchased an 04 plate brand new Vuaxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi. It's pretty nifty and he's still got it. It came with an official Irmscher body kit as standard from Vuaxhall. It had a mini spoiler, twin silencers, all the boy racer stuff.

Anyway, he's decided to get rid of it and it's going next month. Here's where the trouble begins. Today afternoon he's picking up a brand new Vuaxhall Astra 1.8 Exsclusiv Cabriolet. He managed to somehow hussle 3 grand off :eek: God knows how but i've seen the papers and it's got -£3,000.
In short, has he made a mistake buying this car? I said go for an Audi S3, if not a Mercedes CLK Kompressor Cabrio.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
What's the obsession with purchasing brand new vauxhalls?

How much did the Corsa cost? What's he selling it for? Cash or finance?

How much did the Astra cost?

Soldato
eXSBass said:
Let me start by saying i'm a nOOb in Motors, so take it easy ;) ( Gang up on me and i'll whop all of your arse's in GD :D)

But anyway. My brother purchased an 04 plate brand new Vuaxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi. It's pretty nifty and he's still got it. It came with an official Irmscher body kit as standard from Vuaxhall. It had a mini spoiler, twin silencers, all the boy racer stuff.

Anyway, he's decided to get rid of it and it's going next month. Here's where the trouble begins. Today afternoon he's picking up a brand new Vuaxhall Astra 1.8 Exsclusiv Cabriolet. He managed to somehow hussle 3 grand off :eek: God knows how but i've seen the papers and it's got -£3,000.
In short, has he made a mistake buying this car? I said go for an Audi S3, if not a Mercedes CLK Kompressor Cabrio.

Any thoughts?

Is it the new twintop or is it pre 2005? The Audi S3 is a nice car and would be better built than the Merc in my opinion.

If it is a pre 2005 then i can see why 3k has been knocked off with the new Astra Twintop coming out this month.

Soldato
It won't be a twintop - it doesn't come in Exclusiv trim...

Personally I'd say he is making a mistake, but it's his money, if he wants to spend it on new Vauxhalls that depreciate like a stone, that's his choice.

It's probably too late to back out now, too :p

Soldato
I'm not surprised he got £3k off - the new Astra twin top has just been released with a folding metal roof. They'll be dying to shift the stock of the old model. He could probably have got even more off.

Soldato
blueboy2001 said:
I'm not surprised he got £3k off - the new Astra twin top has just been released with a folding metal roof. They'll be dying to shift the stock of the old model. He could probably have got even more off.

Is there an echo in here? Only kidding! It is obvious and yes he probably could have got more ;)

Back
Top Bottom