Has NZXT's CAM Software Improved or still barely usable?

Associate
Hi,

I've been reading countless threads about NZXT's CAM software being a buggy mess with loads of stability/functionality problems. So much so, some X62 users have ditched their cooler and moved towards Corsair.

Is the software still a mess or is it overblown by a proportion of users?

Soldato
Was fine for me and our demo unit in the shop runs it all day everyday without causing problems,

The one thing that made me stop using it was the amount of data it was collecting and uploading to NZXT (which I believe once they got called out is now resolved)

Soldato
Still a mess, I gave up with it over a year ago, nothing really seems to have improved. Still reading a lot of users moaning about it not detecting properly, crashing, taking ages to open - all of which I had problems with.

I moved back to my little USB external display, Goverlay and OpenHWmonitor. I couldn't care about the colour options etc.

Man of Honour
Never had an issue in 6 months :) Nice little bit of software, I originally only used it for controlling my Hue+ and X62, but it's so lightweight and easy to use that I've ditched afterburner and other temp monitoring software and just use CAM for everything.

Works brilliantly for setting fan profiles on the GPU, as I don't get any stuttering like I did with other software like afterburner

Associate
Just installed, I'm running an Kraken X41. So far its working okay.

A few weeks back I was getting an annoying error upon cold startup "CPU fan speed error detected" and the PC would hang until entering the Bios. The problem seems to have resolved itself.

CAM will (hopefully) report any issues and thus far nothing seems to be amiss, just installed for peace of mind.

It's my first water cooled PC so a little paranoid. :)

Caporegime
Round two of me using it is a horrible mess. Most start ups, it stalls when opening and the whole app crashes about 50% of the time :p.

Back
Top Bottom