Have 2 websites (small businesses) - and would like to go down to 1 ... seo problems or?

Associate
Hi,

Basically I have 2 small businesses in 2 separate cities (20~ miles between the two), I have 2 separate websites that I run (but I havnt messed with them for ages) - they look quite dated and I was planning on making a whole new website and would like to combine the 2.

#1 to save on costs - double the hosting costs per year (I use wix btw).
#2 to save on time if I want to change or ad something I dont need to do it twice. They offer the same service just I work in different locations.

My Seo is decent but could use improvement; but what Im wondering is if I make it one site will I mess up my seo, can I call my business a different name (ie the name on google map has the city name in it and I was thinking of making it more generic so I could have the same name in both cities... if that makes sense).

ie my main objective is to lower costs to run the site; streamline it so its easier to change and I dont feel like its so much work, make a whole new modern site and make an online booking system which I need. But if it will be bad for my seo not sure I will.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom