• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have I killed my GPU

Soldato
The other day I took my 1070ti out of my PC and put it on my desk whilst I waited for a new motherboard to arrive. Today it arrived so I assembled the PC and I get no output whatsoever from the GPU. The fans don't spin at all, usually they spin up briefly and then stop until needed. The card also doesn't work in two other boards I have lying around, and I tried a different power supply too. I can't think of what I have done to the card, it's just sat on my desk for a couple of days.

Any ideas?

Permabanned
A graphics card should always stay in its anti-static plastic package (and the box) if not installed.
It could be static charge, any humidity, only God knows why...

Caporegime
A graphics card should always stay in its anti-static plastic package (and the box) if not installed.

I've never put them into anti static bag in-between changing them over. I've had them on carpet, desks, anything and they have been fine. Even on a bed the other day. I've even placed them on a metal shelving.

Soldato
I've never put them into anti static bag in-between changing them over. I've had them on carpet, desks, anything and they have been fine. Even on a bed the other day. I've even placed them on a metal shelving.

I had a 3060 Ti just sitting on the top while we built the rest of the machine just last week and it worked fine.

Mainly posting to keep updated on OP situation.

Soldato
Nah. I mean, yeah you're meant to. But you really don't need to.

I've never used antistatic stuff since I was 8 years old with my adventure with electrics kit 35 years a go.

Never broken anything.

Back
Top Bottom