Having Christmas without presents.

Associate
As I’m getting older, Christmas was getting far less appealing. Then the grandson came along, he is 4 now and Christmas has regained it‘s magic, I couldn’t imagine not exchanging gifts, but admire those who don’t and instead they enjoy family time

Soldato
As I’m getting older, Christmas was getting far less appealing. Then the grandson came along, he is 4 now and Christmas has regained it‘s magic, I couldn’t imagine not exchanging gifts, but admire those who don’t and instead they enjoy family time

It's funny how it changes as you age. When they're still young (but old enough to understand) it's definitely magical, our youngest is almost 4 as well, and really excited about it this year, so we do the whole mince pie and whisky by the fireplace for santa (or me :D) (and a carrot for the reindeer), snowy bootprints leading to the tree etc., but we broke the news to our 11 year old (he knew anyway of course), so for him it's more just about what presents he's getting (to be fair to him, he doesn't ask for a lot :)).

Then for us as adults, it's more about good food and company than anything else - for me at least, I was never a big fan past the childhood stage, until about 15 years ago after moving away from everyone, and now I really value spending time with my mum, brothers, and their families. This year is going to be **** as the other half is working, so just going to be the 4 of us :(

Back
Top Bottom