Having trouble installing wireless router

Associate
Hi,
6 months ago I bought a Origo 802.11b Router and i've tried many times to install t but have never got anywhere. I hav'nt really needed it until now so I've started looking into it but can't find any help anywhere.

So far ive connected it all up from a blueyonder Surfboard SB4100 Modem to the router with a crossover cable and then from the router to the PC with the original cable. (Used between Modem and PC) Now when i try to access the internet it goes to (This page can not be displayed) but it will access the 192.168.1.254 from this i try to change the LAN I.P address to the same as the LAN I.P which automatically changes to 192.168.1.100 and when i try to apply changes it stops loading after 5 bars.

Has anyone got this router and can you spot any mistake ive made.

Any help would be great Thanks in Avance B1g_Dav3

Mon

Mon

Associate
with routers you have to leave the router to assign ips out to the pc(s) , so leave the pc settings to obtain one from the router, also don't you need to register the mac address of the router with blueyonder if you don't it wont work.
hope this helps

Associate
Mon said:
with routers you have to leave the router to assign ips out to the pc(s) , so leave the pc settings to obtain one from the router, also don't you need to register the mac address of the router with blueyonder if you don't it wont work.
hope this helps

You dont need to register the MAC address anymore with Blueyonder. Have you also checked that your windows firewall is off (just for testing). There is no need to have DCHP on, you can assign your pc a static IP address. 192.168.1.254 is the router IP and 192.168.1.1 is what it has assigned to your PC. If you decide to give your pc a static ip but want to leave DHCP on to automatically assign your other pc's ip's then remember to change the start ip range to 192.168.1.2 ( that is if you give yourself 192.168.1.1). Also check your internet settings >connections >lan settings - uncheck all the boxes.

Soldato
Set up your ip's all in range or dhcp it. Turn off ALL hardware cable modem router and computer. restart in this order :- Modem and wait modem to boot fully, Router and let it boot fully then computer and the connection should be fine if not then there is probably a setting or two wrong in your router.

Back
Top Bottom